Intel server no display

Sanedish

Hi, I'm currently suffering in turning this stupid intel server on. It won't show a display on PCI or d-sub. I also try removing the cmos but it doesn't help. It just beeps. I also tested booting from the gpu, won't work, also won't boot bare bones or woth no gpu.

Long beep, short short short, pause, short short short.

The monitor/cable are 100% working and tested on a different mashine.

I am NOT a professional and I write before I think, so REFRESH THE PAGE!!!  Theres a 99% chance I've edited my post.

Also: Please enable XMP/D.O.H.C before asking why your ram is too slow.

<-- Moved to Troubleshooting -->

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

1 minute ago, Skiiwee29 said:

<-- Moved to Troubleshooting -->

Whops .-.

I am NOT a professional and I write before I think, so REFRESH THE PAGE!!!  Theres a 99% chance I've edited my post.

2 minutes ago, Sanedish said:

Hi, I'm currently suffering in turning this stupid intel server on. It won't show a display on PCI or d-sub. I also try removing the cmos but it doesn't help. It just beeps. I also tested booting from the gpu, won't work, also won't boot bare bones or woth no gpu.

Long beep, short short short, pause, short short short.

The monitor/cable are 100% working and tested on a different mashine.

Have you looked at the manual to see what those beeps mean? They usually mean a specific thing.

Ryzen 7950x3D Direct Die NH-D15

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017

1 minute ago, Agall said:

Have you looked at the manual to see what those beeps mean? They usually mean a specific thing.

It had ram issues before (it keeps fucking up ram slots, one after another), but I do not have the manuel for it. It also worked fine before putting in an 3080, which was when it stopped booting, but I did not try vga back then cuz it usually boots from vga first (even with igpu disabled, it does what it wants).

It had ram issues before (it keeps fucking up ram slots, one after another), but I do not have the manuel for it. It also worked fine before putting in an 3080, which was when it stopped booting, but I did not try vga back then cuz it usually boots from vga first (even with igpu disabled, it does what it wants).

Most of the time a computer requires DIMM slot A1 to POST, even servers. If that's not populated, then I would, otherwise if that slot is damaged, then its potentially a terminal fault. If you Google the server and/or motherboard model, you can find a manual for it.

I had to do this recently with an old X58 server that no longer POSTed after a RAM upgrade.

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

2 minutes ago, Agall said:

Most of the time a computer requires DIMM slot A1 to POST, even servers. If that's not populated, then I would, otherwise if that slot is damaged, then its potentially a terminal fault. If you Google the server and/or motherboard model, you can find a manual for it.

I had to do this recently with an old X58 server that no longer POSTed after a RAM upgrade.

It has 3 at each cpu, dimm 2xa1 2xa2 1xa3 and 1xb1 (it ran fine with b1 for months)

It has 3 at each cpu, dimm 2xa1 2xa2 1xa3 and 1xb1 (it ran fine with b1 for months)

Its going to be hard to help without some specs for the machine, whether that's the server itself or the motherboard.

More than likely the answers/information you seek is located in the manual, to put it bluntly. 

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

2 minutes ago, Agall said:

Its going to be hard to help without some specs for the machine, whether that's the server itself or the motherboard.

More than likely the answers/information you seek is located in the manual, to put it bluntly. 

The only things I can tell you with out the bios is that it has 2 xeon 6150s and an quadro rtx 6000, gonna try single stick per cpu though

Alright, my day is fucked, I lost the ram layout sheet 

Found it

The only things I can tell you with out the bios is that it has 2 xeon 6150s and an quadro rtx 6000, gonna try single stick per cpu though

The motherboard should have a model number on it that you can google, if not the whole chassis. Same can be said for the UEFI/BIOS, which should have information about the motherboard's model number.

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

7 minutes ago, Agall said:

The motherboard should have a model number on it that you can google, if not the whole chassis. Same can be said for the UEFI/BIOS, which should have information about the motherboard's model number.

Nope, no number and it was not an all in one, the parts where laying arround, and no image=no bios

Nope, no number and it was not an all in one, the parts where laying arround, and no image=no bios

You'll have to figure out what the actual motherboard is either way, so if any, photos of the motherboard might assist.

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

4 minutes ago, Agall said:

You'll have to figure out what the actual motherboard is either way, so if any, photos of the motherboard might assist.

I also need help clearing the cmos, I'm not sure I'd I need to set the jumper to clear

20231207_220544.jpg

20231207_220403.jpg

1 hour ago, Sanedish said:

I also need help clearing the cmos, I'm not sure I'd I need to set the jumper to clear

Haven't been able to find that board with the photo provided. The in-line RAM and vertically mounted VRM in the top left is very distinguishable, so its definitely not a common board. It might help taking full photos of the motherboard with the GPU removed. That might show a model number that'll be easier to search since neither of the numbers on the reference page point to anything.

Best I can assume right now is that its an Intel branded motherboard that's custom to the chassis. With how large those CPUs are, its also possible that you'll need to reseat them, but that's unlikely even then.

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

On 12/8/2023 at 12:03 AM, Agall said:

Haven't been able to find that board with the photo provided. The in-line RAM and vertically mounted VRM in the top left is very distinguishable, so its definitely not a common board. It might help taking full photos of the motherboard with the GPU removed. That might show a model number that'll be easier to search since neither of the numbers on the reference page point to anything.

Best I can assume right now is that its an Intel branded motherboard that's custom to the chassis. With how large those CPUs are, its also possible that you'll need to reseat them, but that's unlikely even then.

Asked arround a bit and it should be an Intel Server-Mainboard S2600STB

20 minutes ago, Sanedish said:

Asked arround a bit and it should be an Intel Server-Mainboard S2600STB

Appears so

image.png.b30b1d1d95f02028ee0d5cf3c39f438c.png

Intel_S2600ST_TPS.pdf

I'd recommend using this to troubleshoot beeps, RAM, etc.

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500