What is the best Anti-Malware/Anti-virus software?

IR76
2 minutes ago, Agall said:

Sure, it can block some if not most. That's assuming you're getting trojans at all, depending on how you browse.

In the way I treat browsing, I'm unlikely to ever encounter a scenario where I'd need an AV, but I'd also be able to detect/remove malware if possible. I also configure my system to be expendable, so worst case scenario, I do a fresh install. A lot less likely compared to me 10 years ago, but I'm also now fully capable of detecting and removing it.

It does sound like you know what you are doing. Unfortunately, my system is not expendable as I don't currently have any form of backup for my computer (my photos are backed on the cloud since they are the most important to me). What tools do you use to remove Malware? I've had no practical experience but based on the PC security YouTube channel I've got these at the ready on a USB. image.png.9707b3ea036a0627fd29bf1cd99fdab5.png

43 minutes ago, IR76 said:

It does sound like you know what you are doing. Unfortunately, my system is not expendable as I don't currently have any form of backup for my computer (my photos are backed on the cloud since they are the most important to me). What tools do you use to remove Malware? I've had no practical experience but based on the PC security YouTube channel I've got these at the ready on a USB. image.png.9707b3ea036a0627fd29bf1cd99fdab5.png

The dozens of manual removals I've had to do always had an executable operating somewhere, so manual removal involved tracking down that executable and banishing it to the shadow realm. Some of the RATs I've found were undetected through 5 different intense scanners, and it was only found by monitoring TCP connections in Resource Monitor.

Ryzen 7950x3D Direct Die NH-D15, CCD1 disabled

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional IT since 2017

9 minutes ago, Agall said:

The dozens of manual removals I've had to do always had an executable operating somewhere, so manual removal involved tracking down that executable and banishing it to the shadow realm. Some of the RATs I've found were undetected through 5 different intense scanners, and it was only found by monitoring TCP connections in Resource Monitor.

Ooo while it's a bad thing I would love to get given an infected computer and try to do that for the experience. I'll keep that in mind if my scanners don't pick up anything thank you very much. Wow, I just took my first look at Resource Monitor and I can see that being more handy than Task Manager when it comes to malware. 

2 hours ago, IR76 said:

Thank you for the website I'll look more closely into it but I do believe its worth it and It depends on what malware each AV can handle and how well. 

The thing is that no one knows which one of them will be able to catch the next thing that comes out....

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2