Black screen on gpu

LetsBuildPc

I have an R9 280x i booted up my PC to play some games and i has a back screen só i plugged in my vga só i could use onboard graphics to see if my gpu was being recognized and it was. Its about 7 months old any suggestions Srry about fun on sentence

Do you have a different power supply to try, and have you checked what the video is set to in the bios.

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000

It probably doesn't have drivers? go to AMD and download the drivers...

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

The fans are still spinning

Ok well switch over to your integrated graphics for the moment to be able and use your computer.

Once done with that go and find the latest GPU driver updates depending on your brand (AMD or NVIDIA).

Download them.

Then this part is optional... Disconnect your GPU from the motherboard after safely turning off your PC and than plug it back in making sure it's in well and the PCI power cables are plugged in well. (You don't have to, it's just for that 2nd layer of assurance) 

And if that doesn't work try connecting that GPU to another system.

If it works than it's not the GPU it would have to be a your motherboard's PCI slot not working/ damaged. 

And if it still doesn't work, just contact your manufacture or store (who ever you bought it from), and tell them about the issues you're having.