GPU Recommendations

JinzoMT

Hey All!
I am looking for some advice on upgrading my graphics card. My build is a bit old and I do plan on replacing everything, however for now I am just looking for a card to hold me over for a bit. I was looking at the 1660 Super or possibly 6600 XT.
My Current Build is 
Ryzen 5 3600

1050 ti

Vengeance 16GB Ram

Evga B3 Bronze 550 W 

Any advice will be great! 

How much do you have to spend?

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

8 minutes ago, Middcore said:

How much do you have to spend?

Preferably keep it under $300, I do plan on replacing everything in the future, so im not looking for a 4070. Just something with better performance than my 1050. 

Just now, JamesTheFolf said:

Also what resolution monitor do you use, because that can affect what GPU you should get

I have 1920x1080 144hz AOC currently 

Depending on what you wanna spend, the 5700(xt) and 6700xt are great deals on eBay.   The 5700xt is a little faster than the 6600, and the 6700xt is gonna be about 1.5x faster than that.

I edit the shit out of my posts.  Refresh before you respond.

1 minute ago, JinzoMT said:

I have 1920x1080 144hz AOC currently 

I'd reccomend either a 2060 or a 3060. You could probably pick one up second hand for a good bargain

A 6700 XT would be a solid upgrade with low future limitations. Unfortunately, looking at prices right now, most of the remaining stock has seemed to dry up after the last few days of sales, where there's at least $310 models in stock still. The rest of the solid deals like RX 6800's at $400 are practically non existent now.

You might unfortunately be a few days late for the really good deals on RX 6000 series. That's where you're either sticking to that or going higher to $500-$550 with the RTX 4070 or RX 7800 XT. Next tier down being the RX 6600XT/6650XT which fall between $200-$250 right now. I don't think its worth it if the RX 6700 XT is +$60 away though.

Ryzen 7950x3D Direct Die NH-D15

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017

On 12/4/2023 at 11:28 PM, JinzoMT said:

Hey All!
I am looking for some advice on upgrading my graphics card. My build is a bit old and I do plan on replacing everything, however for now I am just looking for a card to hold me over for a bit. I was looking at the 1660 Super or possibly 6600 XT.
My Current Build is 
Ryzen 5 3600

1050 ti

Vengeance 16GB Ram

Evga B3 Bronze 550 W 

Any advice will be great! 

I one question how much do you care about power consumption?

You should look at 1660 Ti they're abicaly same as Super but i manage to find one much cheaper