Graphics Drivers Problems With the Intel Iris Xe

Emanuel16

Hello, I have recently downloaded Fortnite on my HP ENVY x360 Convert 15m-es0013dx laptop and when you try to launch it says, "The installed version of the Intel graphics driver has known issues. Please install the latest driver version. Would you like to visit the following URL to download the driver? https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/80939/Graphics Intel(R) Iris(R) Xe Graphics Installed: 30.0.101.1340 Minimum required: 30.0.101.1404" When I try to download the driver is says it will remove the OEM customizations if I download and install the graphics driver. I have checked HP for driver updates and it says I don't need any. What can I do? My OS is Windows 11 Version 23H2

You can install the update without much of an issue, however next time you run a windows update it may try and install the old update again.

Don't worry to much about the "It will remove OEM customizations", I installed the new update on my LG gram 2021, and I haven't had any issues.

I did find a way to disable the auto update with windows. But I'll need to see if I can find the way I did it earlier.

Windows might not downgrade your driver when it updates, but you can check by first installing the driver from Intel. Then going to settings and checking for updates, if it downloads the old driver.

You should follow the steps here: https://www.howtogeek.com/223864/how-to-uninstall-and-block-updates-and-drivers-on-windows-10/#:~:text=the original driver.-,Step Three%3A Prevent a Driver or Update From Being Installed from Windows Update,-Just uninstalling drivers

Thank You for your help, I have tried installing like you said and I checked for updates right after and it didn't find any. Everything seems to be working fine, thank you for your help.