7800XT vertical mount.

Xenres
Go to solution Solved by RevGAM,

Note that almost all vertical mounts cover all 7 slots, but there are 2 options that don't. 

EZDIY-FAB has 4 different looks for a magnetic one that suits on the PSU shroud, and you can adjust the angle.  Two of them have ARGB. Not sure which fit the 7800xt.

You might look at my thread

Bought ASrock for my fiance and figured since the gpu is absolutely beautiful I am looking for vertical mount.

Case is H6 flow gpu is as Asrock 7800XT white.

Anyone knows any good bracket that isn't hurting wallet?

Location UK

Needs to be white too please ;3

4 minutes ago, Xenres said:

Bought ASrock for my fiance and figured since the gpu is absolutely beautiful I am looking for vertical mount.

Anyone knows any good bracker that isn't hurting wallet?

Location UK

When I first read that I was thinking "don't you need a case that supports verticle mounting for that" 😕
My next thought was "I'm gonna have to google that to see if it exists" 🤔
then I googled vertical GPU mounting kit...
and now I also want advice on what vertical GPU mounting kit to get 😀

Anyone know any good ones?

I might be experienced, but I'm human and I do make mistakes. Expand for common PC building advice, a short bio and a list of my components and other tech. I edit my messages after sending them alot, please refresh before posting your reply. Please try to be clear and specific, you'll get a better answer. Please remember to mark solutions once you have the information you need.

Common build advice: 1) Buy the cheapest (well reviewed) motherboard that has the features you need. Paying more typically only gets you features you won’t use. 2) only get as much RAM as you need, getting more won’t (typically) make your PC faster. 3) While I recommend getting an NVMe drive, you don’t need to splurge for an expensive drive with DRam cache, DRamless drives are fine for gamers. 4) paying for looks is fine, just don’t break the bank. 5) Tower coolers are usually good enough, unless you go top tier Intel or plan on OCing. 6) OCing is a dead meme, you probably shouldn’t bother. 7) "Bottlenecks" rarely matter and "Future-proofing" is a myth. 8) AIOs don't noticably improve performance past 240mm.

useful websiteshttps://www.productchart.com - helps compare monitors, https://uk.pcpartpicker.com - makes designing a PC easier.

He/Him

I'm a PhD student working in the fields of reinforcement learning and traffic control. PCs are one of my hobbies and I've built many PCs and performed upgrades on a few laptops (for myself, friends and family). My personal computers include 3 windows (10/11) machines and a TrueNAS server (and I'm looking to move to dual booting Linux Mint on my main machine in future). While I believe I have an decent amount of experience in spec’ing, building and troubleshooting computers, keep in mind I'm not an expert or a professional and I make mistakes.

Favourite Games of all time: World of Tanks, Runescape, Subnautica, Metroid (Fusion and Dread), Spyro: Year of the Dragon (Original and Reignited Trilogy), Crash Bash, Mario Kart Wii

Main PC: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/will0hlep/saved/NByp3C

Secondary PC: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/will0hlep/saved/cc9K7P

TrueNAS Server: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/will0hlep/saved/m37w3C

Laptop: 13.4" ASUS GZ301ZE ROG Flow Z13, WUXGA 120Hz, i9 12900H, 16GB DDR5, 1TB NVMe SSD, 4GB RTX 3050 Ti, TB4, Win11 Home, Used with: 2*ThinkPad Universal Thunderbolt 4 Dock, Logitech G603, Logitech G502 Hero, Logitech K120, Logitech G915 TKL, Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2, Logitech G PRO X Gaming-Headset (with Blue Icepop in Black), {specs to be updated: two monitors}

Other: LTT Screwdriver, LTT Stubby Screwdriver, IFIXIT Pro Tech Toolkit, Playstation 1 SCPH-102, Playstation 2 SCPH-30003, Gameboy Micro Silver OXY-001, Nintendo Wii U WUP-001(03), Playstation 4 CUH-1116A, Nintendo Switch OLED HEG-001, Yamaha RX-A4A Black AV Receiver, Monitor Audio Radius (4*90s, 1*200s, 2*270s, 1*380s), TP-Link TL-SG105-M2, Netgear GS308, IPhone 14 Pro Max 128GB Space Black, Secretlab TITAN Evo (Black SoftWeave Plus Fabric), 2*CyberPower BR1200ELCD-UK BRICs Series, Samsung 40" ES6800 Series 6 SMART 3D FHD LED TV, UGREEN USB 3.2 Gen 2 10Gbps M.2 NVMe SSD Enclosure, SABRENT 3.5" SATA drive docking station

4 minutes ago, will0hlep said:

When I first read that I was thinking "don't you need a case that supports verticle mounting for that" 😕
My next thought was "I'm gonna have to google that to see if it exists" 🤔
then I googled vertical GPU mounting kit...

Anyone know any good ones?

Haha yeah and that gpu has rgb fans so will looks absolutely beautiful in her new case.

3 minutes ago, will0hlep said:

😑

9 minutes ago, Xenres said:

Anyone knows any good bracker that isn't hurting wallet?

Location UK

NZXT Vertical GPU Mounting Kit wh 175mm AB-RH175-W1 : Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Antec Vertical GPU Bracket, PCI-E 4.0 x16 High Speed Flexible Extender Card Extension Port 90 Degree Adapter (White, 200 mm) : Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

These are the cheapy ones

EZDIY-FAB Vertical Graphics Card Holder Bracket with ARGB 5V 3Pin LED,GPU Mount,Video Card VGA Support Kit with PCIE3.0 Riser Cable- White : Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

EZDIY-FAB Vertical Graphics Card Holder Bracket Support with Multi-Angle,GPU Mount,Video Card VGA Support Kit with PCIE3.0 Riser Cable- White : Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

5 minutes ago, filpo said:

😑

😂

"hey, no judging please, I'm a fully grown adult and can waste my money however I wish" 🙂 lol 😂 hahaha (also yes, I know I'm a child who likes my computer to look pretty)

5 minutes ago, filpo said:

I'm currently looking at this one from Monarch, no idea if it is good though

https://www.montechpc.com/en/products_detail.php?nid=305&s_ok2=

I might be experienced, but I'm human and I do make mistakes. Expand for common PC building advice, a short bio and a list of my components and other tech. I edit my messages after sending them alot, please refresh before posting your reply. Please try to be clear and specific, you'll get a better answer. Please remember to mark solutions once you have the information you need.

Common build advice: 1) Buy the cheapest (well reviewed) motherboard that has the features you need. Paying more typically only gets you features you won’t use. 2) only get as much RAM as you need, getting more won’t (typically) make your PC faster. 3) While I recommend getting an NVMe drive, you don’t need to splurge for an expensive drive with DRam cache, DRamless drives are fine for gamers. 4) paying for looks is fine, just don’t break the bank. 5) Tower coolers are usually good enough, unless you go top tier Intel or plan on OCing. 6) OCing is a dead meme, you probably shouldn’t bother. 7) "Bottlenecks" rarely matter and "Future-proofing" is a myth. 8) AIOs don't noticably improve performance past 240mm.

useful websiteshttps://www.productchart.com - helps compare monitors, https://uk.pcpartpicker.com - makes designing a PC easier.

He/Him

I'm a PhD student working in the fields of reinforcement learning and traffic control. PCs are one of my hobbies and I've built many PCs and performed upgrades on a few laptops (for myself, friends and family). My personal computers include 3 windows (10/11) machines and a TrueNAS server (and I'm looking to move to dual booting Linux Mint on my main machine in future). While I believe I have an decent amount of experience in spec’ing, building and troubleshooting computers, keep in mind I'm not an expert or a professional and I make mistakes.

Favourite Games of all time: World of Tanks, Runescape, Subnautica, Metroid (Fusion and Dread), Spyro: Year of the Dragon (Original and Reignited Trilogy), Crash Bash, Mario Kart Wii

Laptop: 13.4" ASUS GZ301ZE ROG Flow Z13, WUXGA 120Hz, i9 12900H, 16GB DDR5, 1TB NVMe SSD, 4GB RTX 3050 Ti, TB4, Win11 Home, Used with: 2*ThinkPad Universal Thunderbolt 4 Dock, Logitech G603, Logitech G502 Hero, Logitech K120, Logitech G915 TKL, Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2, Logitech G PRO X Gaming-Headset (with Blue Icepop in Black), {specs to be updated: two monitors}

Other: LTT Screwdriver, LTT Stubby Screwdriver, IFIXIT Pro Tech Toolkit, Playstation 1 SCPH-102, Playstation 2 SCPH-30003, Gameboy Micro Silver OXY-001, Nintendo Wii U WUP-001(03), Playstation 4 CUH-1116A, Nintendo Switch OLED HEG-001, Yamaha RX-A4A Black AV Receiver, Monitor Audio Radius (4*90s, 1*200s, 2*270s, 1*380s), TP-Link TL-SG105-M2, Netgear GS308, IPhone 14 Pro Max 128GB Space Black, Secretlab TITAN Evo (Black SoftWeave Plus Fabric), 2*CyberPower BR1200ELCD-UK BRICs Series, Samsung 40" ES6800 Series 6 SMART 3D FHD LED TV, UGREEN USB 3.2 Gen 2 10Gbps M.2 NVMe SSD Enclosure, SABRENT 3.5" SATA drive docking station

1 minute ago, will0hlep said:

I'm currently looking at this one from Monarch, no idea if it is good though

https://www.montechpc.com/en/products_detail.php?nid=305&s_ok2=

it's compatible with gpu cases with 7 pcie slots up to 200mm in length so if you have an atx case with pcie slots that long then it'll be compatible. I've no idea if it's good though sorry

3 minutes ago, will0hlep said:

(also yes, I know I'm a child who likes my computer to look pretty)

wouldn't know. I've got a white case with black components, full of stickers (all LTT of course, LTTStore.com) and 4 different fans of three different colours. And I haven't even gotten to cable management. No matter how many cable ties

Current parts list

1 minute ago, Xenres said:

Aint last 2 3.0 pcie?

that's why they're so cheap

1 minute ago, Xenres said:

Isnt 7800XT 4.0?

you can still use it on pcie 3.0. Just go into bios and set pcie link speed to 3.0

Current parts list

27 minutes ago, Xenres said:

Aint last 2 3.0 pcie? Isnt 7800XT 4.0?

Shouldn't effect performance (just change bios settings as @filpo says 🙂)

He/Him

Just now, Xenres said:

Antec says not compatybile with RX7000 series

the nzxt one should. A vertical mounting kit isn't all it's cracked up to be. And a good one is expensive. I say just traditional mount the gpu

Current parts list

27 minutes ago, filpo said:

the nzxt one should. A vertical mounting kit isn't all it's cracked up to be. And a good one is expensive. I say just traditional mount the gpu

But that gpu is beautiful on that way mount Dx

45 minutes ago, filpo said:

But that gpu is beautiful on that way mount Dx

This one?

EZDIY-FAB Vertical PCIe 4.0 GPU Mount Bracket Graphic Card Holder with 5V 3 Pin ARGB LED Module, Video Card Support Kit with PCIe 4.0 X16 Gen4 17cm/6.69in White Riser Cable 90 Degree Right Angle-White https://amzn.eu/d/i39iOHM

10 minutes ago, Xenres said:

EZDIY-FAB Vertical PCIe 4.0 GPU Mount Bracket Graphic Card Holder with 5V 3 Pin ARGB LED Module, Video Card Support Kit with PCIe 4.0 X16 Gen4 17cm/6.69in White Riser Cable 90 Degree Right Angle-White https://amzn.eu/d/i39iOHM

should work just fine

Current parts list

10 minutes ago, filpo said:

should work just fine

Will it fit into h6 woth no problem?searching net csnt find info

4 minutes ago, Xenres said:

Will it fit into h6 woth no problem?searching net csnt find info

yes, if it doesn't then return it, but check if they accept returns

Current parts list

Note that almost all vertical mounts cover all 7 slots, but there are 2 options that don't. 

EZDIY-FAB has 4 different looks for a magnetic one that suits on the PSU shroud, and you can adjust the angle.  Two of them have ARGB. Not sure which fit the 7800xt.

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

18 hours ago, RevGAM said:

I went with ezdiy amazing and fits without problem ta

1 hour ago, Xenres said:

I went with ezdiy amazing and fits without problem ta

Great! Are you military, an athlete or what? You're quite buff.

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

1 hour ago, RevGAM said:

Great! Are you military, an athlete or what? You're quite buff.

Thx for recommendations!

I were in military as volunteer in past.

Now I just do all kind of fitness stuff as a hobby to keep in shape while having normal job ^^

I just finished installing the EZDIY-FAB vertical adjustable-angle GC mount. It doesn't perfectly fit for my GC, but it's close enough that I was successful. I'm pleased and hope that this'll give me the space I need for my AIO tubes so I can finish my testing of AIO positioning. I made a video and uploaded it already, but it won't release publicly for a bit. If you want the link, PM me only as I can't post channel links on here.

WIN_20231127_19_54_08_Pro.jpg

WIN_20231127_19_54_18_Pro.jpg

WIN_20231127_19_54_25_Pro.jpg

1 hour ago, RevGAM said:

I just finished installing the EZDIY-FAB vertical adjustable-angle GC mount. It doesn't perfectly fit for my GC, but it's close enough that I was successful. I'm pleased and hope that this'll give me the space I need for my AIO tubes so I can finish my testing of AIO positioning. I made a video and uploaded it already, but it won't release publicly for a bit. If you want the link, PM me only as I can't post channel links on here.

Looks like the cables needs some tyding up.

Did you make any records of temperatures with the GPU in the normal position?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X   Motherboard: MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi   Case: Deepcool Maxtrexx 70   GPU: RTX 3090   RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3x16GB 3200 MHz   PSU: Super Flower 850W

4 hours ago, RevGAM said:

WIN_20231127_19_54_08_Pro.jpg

WIN_20231127_19_54_18_Pro.jpg

WIN_20231127_19_54_25_Pro.jpg

That is my fiances 

20231124_212350.jpg

16 hours ago, Xenres said:

That is my fiances 

20231124_212350.jpg

That's a slot mount, right?

20 hours ago, alyen said:

Looks like the cables needs some tyding up.

Did you make any records of temperatures with the GPU in the normal position?

I do a lot of testing so I don't worry about cables. Right now, I'm testing the AIO.

And, yes, plenty. 

Edit: Well I'll be a monkey's uncle. You've got that mounted over the fans, but I'm guessing you've got the magnets holding on behind...?

Edited by RevGAM
Added note

18 hours ago, RevGAM said:

That's a slot mount, right?

I do a lot of testing so I don't worry about cables. Right now, I'm testing the AIO.

And, yes, plenty. 

Edit: Well I'll be a monkey's uncle. You've got that mounted over the fans, but I'm guessing you've got the magnets holding on behind...?

Wdym with slot mount? Its dual slot from 7800xt. I think You would fit triple slot too gpu since that bracket looks spacious.And if you mean slots on back?(the covers?)I had to remove all of them to fit the mount) Nope no magnets gpu is held at start of bracket(where you put put DP cable in fits perfectly)you can see black thumb screws if you zoom in . I saw on pictures that the one that is adjustable has to rest on bottom. Which I couldnt get because I got fans there. And the one that is just vertical holds gpu in air so perfect 👌