Used Corsair PSU

mongoosebathtub

The fan on my EVGA power supply is rattling loudly during load so I needed to get a new PSU. I picked up a used Corsair RM750 2021 PSU from a third party Amazon seller, it was $20 cheaper than the current price ($99) for a new one. But Im having second thoughts because it seems that Corsair only provides a warranty when purchased from an authorized dealer. I'm also not sure how much it was used. I was hoping it was an open box item barely opened and returned, but I don't think so, seems like it was used. Through it did come in the original box (the box is a bit worn) with all the original cables and there's no noticeable physical damage. Just trying to avoid damaging my components with a bad power supply or having it die pre-maturely. 

Should I keep it? I haven't even installed yet.Alternatively I'm thinking of getting a new Corsair RM750 (since it's only a $20 price difference) or a new MSI MAG A750GL which is about the same price as the used Corsair I purchased. The MSI MAG A750GL seems to be the same tier as the Corsair. Not sure what to do. 

4 minutes ago, mongoosebathtub said:

The fan on my EVGA power supply is rattling loudly during load so I needed to get a new PSU. I picked up a used Corsair RM750 2021 PSU from a third party Amazon seller, it was $20 cheaper than the current price ($99) for a new one. But Im having second thoughts because it seems that Corsair only provides a warranty when purchased from an authorized dealer. I'm also not sure how much it was used. I was hoping it was an open box item barely opened and returned, but I don't think so, seems like it was used. Through it did come in the original box (the box is a bit worn) with all the original cables and there's no noticeable physical damage. Just trying to avoid damaging my components with a bad power supply or having it die pre-maturely. 

Should I keep it? I haven't even installed yet.Alternatively I'm thinking of getting a new Corsair RM750 (since it's only a $20 price difference) or a new MSI MAG A750GL which is about the same price as the used Corsair I purchased. The MSI MAG A750GL seems to be the same tier as the Corsair. Not sure what to do. 

The Corsair RM series are very reliable. I exclusive use the RMi/RMx series from Corsair in all my builds.  You picked up a RM750 2021 model so even if its used it only has 2 years on it, this is nothing for an RM series from Corsair 🙂
If the deal went well and everything looks good then I see no reason in just using the one you just bought.

16 hours ago, Hinjima said:

The Corsair RM series are very reliable. I exclusive use the RMi/RMx series from Corsair in all my builds.  You picked up a RM750 2021 model so even if its used it only has 2 years on it, this is nothing for an RM series from Corsair 🙂
If the deal went well and everything looks good then I see no reason in just using the one you just bought.

Noticed the first 4 digits of the serial number was 2313, I read somewhere that corresponds to the date code. So 2023 week 13, so March 2023. I feel better knowing it’s not that old. 

28 minutes ago, mongoosebathtub said:

Noticed the first 4 digits of the serial number was 2313, I read somewhere that corresponds to the date code. So 2023 week 13, so March 2023. I feel better knowing it’s not that old. 

My RM750i is from 2017 and I am still using it with my new 7700x and 4080. I am not worried in the slightest that it will fail 🙂
Quality PSU's can easily last 10 years and more.  And my PSU is on all the time since I NEVER turn my PC off unless thunderstorm or reboot for certain programs.
Last time I turned my PC off was in late May I believe.