Logitech Mouse

HardStroke

I've got two options

1. G PRO Wireless for 105 bucks

2. G502 Lightspeed Wireless for 86 bucks

Which one should I get?

I saw some say that the pro is better and some say that the 502 is better

I know that the 502 has a rubber-like (or something like that) coating and is better for sweaty hands so its a real advantage

What about battery life? are they both good or bad?

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times." - Bruce Lee

7 minutes ago, HardStroke said:

I've got two options

1. G PRO Wireless for 105 bucks

2. G502 Lightspeed Wireless for 86 bucks

Which one should I get?

I know that the 502 has a rubber-like (or something like that) coating and is better for sweaty hands so its a real advantage

What about battery life? are they both good or bad?

I use the G PRO X, and the battery lasts for weeks...

But design of both is way different, the G502 has like 11 buttons the G Pro only has 2 more than the main ones, so if you want programmable buttons get the 502 

If you want super light and fast mouse with only basic function get the G Pro

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

5 minutes ago, HardStroke said:

Better at what? Two very different styles of mice for two different users. Specs also don't matter if you find one design comfortable and the other not. 

Are hyper fixated on competitive shooters want to prioritize lightweight? Do you want the additional buttons of the G500 series or is the basic layout of the G Pro what you're after? 

50 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

I use the G PRO X, and the battery lasts for weeks...

But design of both is way different, the G502 has like 11 buttons the G Pro only has 2 more than the main ones, so if you want programmable buttons get the 502 

If you want super light and fast mouse with only basic function get the G Pro

14 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

Better at what? Two very different styles of mice for two different users. Specs also don't matter if you find one design comfortable and the other not. 

Are hyper fixated on competitive shooters want to prioritize lightweight? Do you want the additional buttons of the G500 series or is the basic layout of the G Pro what you're after? 

The mouse is for my brother

All he cares about is the fact that its wireless

Right now he is using the g102 and its not really good because he has sweaty hands

The G pro is ambidextrous and the 502 is not, that I know

Also I know that the G pro is more of a simple mouse compared to the 502

The 102 weighs 85 grams and the G pro is 80 grams so they are pretty close

The 502 is really heavy at 114 grams

But what concerns me is the material of the mouse and battery life

I kind of know what to expect from the G pro which is about a week of battery life with intensive use and two weeks if not so intensive (correct me if I'm wrong)

I don't know what to expect with the 502 in terms of battery life

There is also the category of price

the G pro is 105 bucks and the 502 is 86 bucks right now with discount (was 123)

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times." - Bruce Lee

I'd get Pro one. G502 is one the most overrated mice. It's fine general mouse and if you don't care much about online fps games. It's ergo shape if that is fancy to you, but better ergosbout there. Regardless I'd skip G502 anyway regardless.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

8 minutes ago, Doobeedoo said:

I'd get Pro one. G502 is one the most overrated mice. It's fine general mouse and if you don't care much about online fps games. It's ergo shape if that is fancy to you, but better ergosbout there. Regardless I'd skip G502 anyway regardless.

What about the material? the only actual reason that I'm considering it is because I saw online that it has good material/coating for users who have sweaty palms

Actually I was about to order the ec3-cw until I saw its price + shipping so Logitech it is 

3 minutes ago, HardStroke said:

What about the material? the only actual reason that I'm considering it is because I saw online that it has good material/coating for users who have sweaty palms

Actually I was about to order the ec3-cw until I saw its price + shipping so Logitech it is 

Material is solid on Pro similar like Zowie one. G502 has rubber but it kinda becomes meh and shape is more important. I have sweaty hands as well. Also if needed you can always put extra grips on any mouse.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |