Upgrading my case and wondering if it will have sufficient airflow

Dz0nii

My current case is MS S300 which is really not that great with airflow (there is no place for fans at the front and the front panel is solid metal). My new RTX 3060 ti from Palit is going up to 83 C and sounds like a jet engine. So I decided to upgrade my case. Some of the cases that I found so far are:

DeepCool CH370 - this one has holes in front panel and some really nice features and it costs less, also it is micro ATX

DeepCool CH510 - this one has solid front panel, but it is midi tower and it costs a bit more

DeepCool CK560 - midi tower, holes in the front panel, more expensive

I would pick the CH370 but I am wondering if the micro ATX size will hurt the airflow even though I've heard that this case has amazing cooling capabilities. Which of these would you pick and if you have a suggestion I am happy to hear it.

My specs:

Ryzen 5 5600

16 Gb 3200Mhz

Palit RTX 3060 Ti

MS S300

Vortex 800W

Thanks in advance! 

18 minutes ago, Dz0nii said:

My current case is MS S300 which is really not that great with airflow (there is no place for fans at the front and the front panel is solid metal). My new RTX 3060 ti from Palit is going up to 83 C and sounds like a jet engine. So I decided to upgrade my case. Some of the cases that I found so far are:

DeepCool CH370 - this one has holes in front panel and some really nice features and it costs less, also it is micro ATX

DeepCool CH510 - this one has solid front panel, but it is midi tower and it costs a bit more

DeepCool CK560 - midi tower, holes in the front panel, more expensive

I would pick the CH370 but I am wondering if the micro ATX size will hurt the airflow even though I've heard that this case has amazing cooling capabilities. Which of these would you pick and if you have a suggestion I am happy to hear it.

My specs:

Ryzen 5 5600

16 Gb 3200Mhz

Palit RTX 3060 Ti

MS S300

Vortex 800W

Thanks in advance! 

Basically

The tinier the holes is, the harder it is for air to get in.

Or at the very least, the air will lose so much velocity getting through it.

The bigger the hole though makes it easier for dusts & dirt to get in.

There is a mesh version of that CH510 btw

http://cms2.deepcool.com:8080/site5/products/Cases/fulltowercases/CH510-MESH-DIGITAL-Mid-Tower-ATX-Case/2022/16215.shtml

It depends on how the case is designed. A super tower without proper intake & exhaust is still an oven.

If you can atleast mount 2x120mm fan in front, and 1x120mm fan at the back. And has proper holes for intake & exhaust. It's pretty much standard.

And should be fine for your system. If you use a decent fan that is.

Based on pic, I'd say CH370 is the best of the 3 in terms of holes for intake. Especially if you take out the air filter

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

14 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

Basically

http://cms2.deepcool.com:8080/site5/products/Cases/fulltowercases/CH510-MESH-DIGITAL-Mid-Tower-ATX-Case/2022/16215.shtml

It depends on how the case is designed. A super tower without proper intake & exhaust is still an oven.

If you can atleast mount 2x120mm fan in front, and 1x120mm fan at the back. And has proper holes for intake & exhaust. It's pretty much standard.

Based on pic, I'd say CH370 is the best of the 3 in terms of holes for intake. Especially if you take out the air filter

can you name some cases with big holes for intake

i was thinking of ap201 with mesh everywhere

11 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

Basically

I've seen the CH510 Digital but for the price I am paying I have heard that the "build quality" is not that great but I will keep it in mind. 

I wanted to buy a 5 pack of the Arctic P12s or F12s and connect them to an Arctic Fan Hub which can take up to 10 fans, but I don't really know the difference between the P12 and F12 and which one would be better in CH370. 

1 minute ago, Dz0nii said:

I've seen the CH510 Digital but for the price I am paying I have heard that the "build quality" is not that great but I will keep it in mind. 

I wanted to buy a 5 pack of the Arctic P12s or F12s and connect them to an Arctic Fan Hub which can take up to 10 fans, but I don't really know the difference between the P12 and F12 and which one would be better in CH370. 

if you are going to buy extra fans why not check out asus ap201

with those fans it will make the best blackout build

6 hours ago, Dz0nii said:

Get the P12 PWM PST.

The F12 is less powerful.

The P12 (Without PWM PST on their name) is non PWM
You can see their difference @ Arctic Tech Spec page for each fan model.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

8 hours ago, Dz0nii said:

P stands for pressure, which suggests they're more for intake or being used on a heatsink or radiator. 

F stands for airflow, which is usually best for places with few restrictions, like case exhaust with no dust mesh. 

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

2 hours ago, Poinkachu said:

Get the P12 PWM PST.

The F12 is less powerful.

The P12 (Without PWM PST on their name) is non PWM
You can see their difference @ Arctic Tech Spec page for each fan model.

When it comes to the noise, are they good. I bought some deepcool rf120 and were pretty disappointed because they are really loud so I hope these would be better because they are also PWM.

32 minutes ago, Dz0nii said:

When it comes to the noise, are they good. I bought some deepcool rf120 and were pretty disappointed because they are really loud so I hope these would be better because they are also PWM.

Noise is subjective. I'm not easily bothered by noise, but some people, including people on the autistic spectrum, find even quiet noises to be a really annoying thing. How sensitive are you?

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

41 minutes ago, RevGAM said:

Noise is subjective. I'm not easily bothered by noise, but some people, including people on the autistic spectrum, find even quiet noises to be a really annoying thing. How sensitive are you?

Well the current noise level of my GPU being at 100% fan speed is really and I mean really loud. I could live with that but I think that it is better to improve the airflow thus reducing the heat of the GPU thus making it less noisy. Even if I put three fans at the front on 30% I think it would make huge difference because my current case doesn't support front panel fans and also has solid front panel. So yeah, noise is not my main issue but rather wanting to make GPU temps lower making it quieter.

3 hours ago, Dz0nii said:

Well the current noise level of my GPU being at 100% fan speed is really and I mean really loud. I could live with that but I think that it is better to improve the airflow thus reducing the heat of the GPU thus making it less noisy. Even if I put three fans at the front on 30% I think it would make huge difference because my current case doesn't support front panel fans and also has solid front panel. So yeah, noise is not my main issue but rather wanting to make GPU temps lower making it quieter.

All 3 have the same noise level of .3 sonne (~22 dBA). The F12 is the weakest for AF and SP. So, within your computer you're not likely to notice them unless you have very high noise sensitivity.