iPhone 5

ffdd4846

I am a lont time user of apple iPhones. I have had an iPhone since 2011.

My previous iPhone was the 4, i have never owned a 4s.

My time with the iPhone 4 was interesting. I have been through 3 iPhone 4(s), my first iPhone 4 had the lock button fail, my second had the home button fail, and my third one was broken by my current girlfriend.

I have had a much greater time with my iPhone 5. I did however almost not ending up purchasing it. I almost bought a windows 8 phone, a htc model, the user interface is awesome.

I love most parts of my iPhone 5, here is the good and the bad:

Good:

1. The screen is amazing, the colors are better then before and the size feels and looks so natural.

2. The Verizon 4G LTE where i live is fantastic. I am so happy with it.

3. The exterior is a piece of art.

4. The camera is even better then before. better lenses, better sensor, even the gimmicky panorama maker works amazing and I love it.

5. The selection of apps from the app store is fantastic. Some need to be updated to the larger screen but you hardly notice.

6. Front camera works great like the rear.

7. Call quality is fantastic. No drooped calls.

8. A nice refresh to the 4s.

9. Siri woks great and access online data bases besides whats already on the phone and it goes beyond phone calls and the weather. It even does complex math and if I remember right uses wolfram alpha to do derivatives.

10. Apple ecosystem, everything works with everything.

11. Unix based kernel for the OS.

The Ok:

1. The OS, Some people love it and some don't. Its very reliable and now their is a solution to maps problem. (I thought it was time for the refresh and thats why I almost bought a windows phone. I may try and put Ubuntu mobile on it if it becomes available or buy an ubuntu mobile phone.)

The Bad:

1. Contracts! I hate phone contracts!

2. "Scratchability" it scratches easily, mine even came with a baby one.

3. Glass trends to scratch more easily then the 4 or the 4s, but I still would recommend that this phone does fine without a screen protector. Its not idiot prof so it will break if you try to break it. If you put a case on it and don't drop it from any higher then 5 feet it will be fine.

4. The apple ecosystem, if you cant stand it.

5. Shorter battery life for me then my previous phones.

Feel free to tell me why you would or wouldn't buy a iPhone.

If you do have one tell why you love, like or hate it.

I have an iPhone 5 as well, I love the LTE. (Previously had a 4S)

I hate scratches on my screen, but I hate screen protectors more. I tried on of these Spigen glass screen protectors, and it is amazing! http://www.spigen.com/iphone-5-screen-protector-glas-tr-premium-tempered-glass-series.html I don't even notice it.

It's not a cheap investment, and once it's on - taking it off will ruin the adhesive. So you get one shot to make sure no dust is under the screen. It's so rigid that it doesn't leave any bubbles, which is great.

I have one it is a great phone battery live is short when using 3g for over 4 hours but thats normal, the alluminium ont the back scrathes easaly you could put a case on it but that spoils teh looks. Verry fast, touch works great i had an wireless isue but ios 6.0.2 fixt it. The camera has beautifull quallity. Great phone overall.

The OS, it's aprox 6 years old this year.

hopefully with Scott Forstall's departure from the company and Jony Ive's added position on IOS design, the skeuomorph'ich atmosphere in the OS might becomes revamped with something better.

Referencing the device itself, aside from it's prone to scratching, the iPhone 5 has the best build quality I've ever seen for any handheld device, ever.

If you want a stylish and gorgeous-looking device, iPhone 5 fits the bill. The build quality, with all the aluminum, glass and diamond-cut edges, is fantastic. The only other phone that comes close in the style department is HTC One X. But even that doesn’t give the expensive and premium-feel that iPhone 5 does.

iPhone 5 is also a very good phone. Yes, phone and not only a smartphone. The reason why I say this is because it has superb call quality and its size is just right if you are someone who talks a lot on phone. The camera on iPhone 5 is fantastic. It is not as good as the one in Nokia Pureview 808 but for all practical purposes it is one of the best cameras ever put into a phone. It has a very good battery life.

ykoJj.jpg

Ice Cream Man's Computer -3770K @4.5ghz- P8Z77-V PRO -Asus GeForce GTX 680 DirectCU II 4 GB -Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1866mhz -Corsair AX750 Gold -WD 2TB Black -M4 128GB SSD