Cant Decide

So the situation is that I have a beast of a computer to game on and I love it however sometimes (rarely) but sometimes I dont want to play games and i just want to lay in bed and watch youtube which I can do by turning on my tv and running my pc through that however it can be annoying. I've been using my phone for this but the smallish screen (HTC One M8) just isnt enough so I thought what about a tablet. Now though I am thinking that I will probably need a laptop for note taking at uni next year so I was thinking of getting a convertable type thing. I then found the asus transformer book t100 which looks perfect however im not sure if it will be powerful enough. I ultimately would love the asus transformer book trio because it is exactly what im looking for although the price is about $1650 is Australia compare to the $500 t100. My other option is to just get like the nexus 10 now and get a cheap laptop later. But I would like it to be in one device. 
I would love any opinions or even other options to get. Anything is welcome

P.S its my birthday soon so thats why im asking

I would save up for the Trio. I think that it would be satisfactory a lot longer than the T100 because it's more powerful. Or I would go for a Nexus 10 and a separate laptop, but you said you didn't really want to do that.

My personal rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/139780-zalman-my-first-build/

I use it partially as a Hackintosh. Don't judge me.

Yeah, thanks. The trio is pretty sweet, might just save until later in the year and maybe just get a new monitor for my birthday and just deal with my phone for now. Thank you, I was just spitballing the nexus 10 as well. If anyone knows a tablet that has the best price to performance and features let me know

Yeah, thanks. The trio is pretty sweet, might just save until later in the year and maybe just get a new monitor for my birthday and just deal with my phone for now. Thank you, I was just spitballing the nexus 10 as well. If anyone knows a tablet that has the best price to performance and features let me know

A tip for you: quote people when you reply so that they get a notification.

As far as tablets go I've got a 2013 Nexus 7 and I'm in love with it. I think the Nexus 10 would be about the same but with a larger screen. But it's definitely good price to performance ratio.

My personal rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/139780-zalman-my-first-build/

A tip for you: quote people when you reply so that they get a notification.

As far as tablets go I've got a 2013 Nexus 7 and I'm in love with it. I think the Nexus 10 would be about the same but with a larger screen. But it's definitely good price to performance ratio.

Okay, Thanks for that. Still kinda new. oh okay, is the 7" okay? 

Okay, Thanks for that. Still kinda new. oh okay, is the 7" okay?

I love 7 inch because it isn't as bulky as large tablets and I can easily operate it. I also use it a lot in bed. However if you think you're gonna be comfortable with a larger tablet, 10 inch is of course nicer to watch videos and films on. I would go to a friend who has a tablet or a store just to try out the form factor and try what you like best.