Transfer iPhone to iPad (iOS to iPadOS)

Go to solution Solved by creat0r,
17 hours ago, creat0r said:

When you get a new iPhone, you can just put it beside the old iPhone and choose the option “Transfer directly” to send over all your apps, their app data, your messages, call history, email accounts, etc. I just bought my first iPad, and instead of having to set it up as new from the ground up, can I transfer all of my iPhone data to the iPad to get some things set up automatically (like all mail accounts and system preferences would be nice, just as an example).

See this article. iPhone to iPad works. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210216

When you get a new iPhone, you can just put it beside the old iPhone and choose the option “Transfer directly” to send over all your apps, their app data, your messages, call history, email accounts, etc. I just bought my first iPad, and instead of having to set it up as new from the ground up, can I transfer all of my iPhone data to the iPad to get some things set up automatically (like all mail accounts and system preferences would be nice, just as an example).

Mail accounts should sync through iCloud. System preferences no as far as I know - plus some are different between iPhones and iPads

elephants

17 hours ago, creat0r said:

See this article. iPhone to iPad works. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210216