no idea what to plug in

TheJ
Go to solution Solved by Sant_HH,

You need to plug in the sata cable to provide power to the fans. The PWM wire can be plugged into a case fan header on the motherboard to control the fans' speed. As for rgb, there are two rgb headers along the bottom of the board according to the manual, so plug the rgb cable into that

so i bought a case on amazon for my new build… it came with a fan hub. i plugged in a sata, into the hub, and it works fine. however, there are two other wires: a pwm wire and an rgb wire.

i don’t have an rgb header on my motherboard even though they said i did,

and i don’t know if i should have both the pwm cable and the sata cable plugged in. 

motherboard: A520m - PRO (msi)

You need to plug in the sata cable to provide power to the fans. The PWM wire can be plugged into a case fan header on the motherboard to control the fans' speed. As for rgb, there are two rgb headers along the bottom of the board according to the manual, so plug the rgb cable into that

Failure is part of success. I may make mistakes, that's how we all learn.

Folding at Home

9 minutes ago, Sant_HH said:

ok i get the rest but where do you see the rgb header am i going crazy

34 minutes ago, TheJ said:

ok i get the rest but where do you see the rgb header am i going crazy

JRGB1 and JRAINBOW1Screenshot_20231028-135324.thumb.png.75934e5249cc5c18a2e7a217cc5eeb63.pngScreenshot_20231028-135335.thumb.png.4c8f5be6ab53f6025d0ac10a90dcd50a.png

Folding at Home

2 minutes ago, Sant_HH said:

JRGB1 and JRAINBOW1Screenshot_20231028-135324.thumb.png.75934e5249cc5c18a2e7a217cc5eeb63.pngScreenshot_20231028-135335.thumb.png.4c8f5be6ab53f6025d0ac10a90dcd50a.png

yea that’s the b550 layout, i looked everywhere but no rgb header. oh well.

2 minutes ago, TheJ said:

yea that’s the b550 layout, i looked everywhere but no rgb header. oh well.

Looking at photos of the A520M-Pro online, it definitely has an rgb header. I think your motherboard is a MSI A520M-A Pro which doesn't have rgb

Folding at Home