GameCube HDMI MOD

atom0

I am modding my Gamecube and replacing the digital AV port with an HDMI port. I de-soldered the port to remove it and after doing that, this the current state of the board. Does this look fine or did I ruin the board?

I'm a bit of a beginner at soldering and modding but I'm interesting in learning more, I have done some soldering before but it was very basic stuff, like adding a modchip on game consoles or replacing a speaker on a gameboy and doing backlit screen mods on gameboys. Things like that, but not something as complicated as this.

IMG_0867.jpg

it doesn't look good. Probably kinda fucked but you can just say fuck it we ball and go for it.

Since the copper is showing you can have shorts when soldering now as it can bridge over. So you might wanna apply a masking option.

It should be salvageable, but you'll have to be extremely careful in these areas:

image.png.0fe2459f89c16e866739cfa0a175c704.png

It's going to be very easy to accidentally connect those traces to adjacent pins with a solder bridge.

Flux will make this job a lot easier. I don't recommend working on boards without it.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

2 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

It should be salvageable, but you'll have to be extremely careful in these areas:

image.png.0fe2459f89c16e866739cfa0a175c704.png

Flux will make this job a lot easier. I don't recommend working on boards without it.

Could like resin or nail polish coat the board to have some extra layer to prevent fucking up the new solder job and creating an arc.

Of course fumes will be an issue so make sure to ACTIVELY VENTILATE the area. Should do that anyway when soldering already

I was thinking of grabbing something like this : https://www.amazon.com/BEEYUIHF-Curing-Prevent-Corrosive-Syringe/dp/B0BJ8WFM4S/ref=sr_1_5?crid=1EMTOCOJL1SD3&keywords=solder+mask+copper&qid=1698340545&sprefix=solder+mask+copper%2Caps%2C81&sr=8-5

and cover the exposed copper and do some clean up before i put in the hdmi hook up and add soldering to the holes?