Will a Corsair 4000d fit big GPUs?

MrAlbertrocks

I'm deciding on a case for a new system, i really like de 4000d but i'm wondering as GPUs seem to be increasing in size and lenght, is the 4000d enough or should i go for a 5000d? I've seen it fit some big rtx 4090 with barely enough space between the front fans (front AIO + big gpu is a no), but is that good for cooling?. I thought about a 5000d but it's more expensive and i wouldn't be needing the extra fan spaces since i'm just going to use a 240 AIO on the top. What would you recommend?

PD: Will GPUs keep on getting bigger? I don't want to replace the 4000d when the 5000 nvidia series come out.

What GPU are you looking to buy?

Are you dead set on buying a Corsair 4000/5000D case?

1 hour ago, MrAlbertrocks said:

Will GPUs keep on getting bigger?

Only time will tell, but I doubt they will slim down

My Rig: CPU : 10700K | RAM : Trident Z Neo 3600Mhz c16 32G (4x8) | CPU cooler : NHD15 | GPU : ASUS ProArt 4070 | PSU : Corsair RM850 (black label) | CASE : Corsair 5000D Airflow | Storage : Samsung 970 evo 1TB, WD Black 1TB, Samsung evo 850 Sata SSD | Casefans : Lian Li Unifan SL120 7X|

MOUSE : G Pro Wireless X superlight | Keyboard : Keychron C1- Pro-H1 Gateron Milky Reds

3 hours ago, Alinz said:

What GPU are you looking to buy?

Are you dead set on buying a Corsair 4000/5000D case?

Only time will tell, but I doubt they will slim down

I'm keeping my rtx 3070 until new gpus come out, it's the rest of the system i'm changing, including the case. That's why i'm not sure which case to go for, it will fit regardless but i'm not sure newer gpus will fit on the 4000d. 

It doesn't have to be 4000d/5000d, i just thought i would look nice since i already have a corsair AIO and corsair fans, and the case already comes with 3 corsair rgb fans. I could go for another case around the same price and just get the rest of the fans separately, which one would you recommend? 

From what I can find the fans that come with the 4000X are good fans, and like I said its a good case. Looks are subjective but if you like it go for it.

My Rig: CPU : 10700K | RAM : Trident Z Neo 3600Mhz c16 32G (4x8) | CPU cooler : NHD15 | GPU : ASUS ProArt 4070 | PSU : Corsair RM850 (black label) | CASE : Corsair 5000D Airflow | Storage : Samsung 970 evo 1TB, WD Black 1TB, Samsung evo 850 Sata SSD | Casefans : Lian Li Unifan SL120 7X|

MOUSE : G Pro Wireless X superlight | Keyboard : Keychron C1- Pro-H1 Gateron Milky Reds

On 10/26/2023 at 12:36 AM, MrAlbertrocks said:

I'm deciding on a case for a new system, i really like de 4000d but i'm wondering as GPUs seem to be increasing in size and lenght, is the 4000d enough or should i go for a 5000d? I've seen it fit some big rtx 4090 with barely enough space between the front fans (front AIO + big gpu is a no), but is that good for cooling?. I thought about a 5000d but it's more expensive and i wouldn't be needing the extra fan spaces since i'm just going to use a 240 AIO on the top. What would you recommend?

PD: Will GPUs keep on getting bigger? I don't want to replace the 4000d when the 5000 nvidia series come out.

The case is big enough, the fans are not good enough. I have the 5000X. I don't really care for Corsair since they, Lian Li, NZXT and others are trying to trap customers by switching to proprietary connectors, their documentation is typically bad and customer support isn't very knowledgeable. If you can get through to tech support, they know more. I will say that the parts picker is pretty good but only for Corsair, of course. 

Here's a review of both versions of the D.

https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3624-corsair-4000d-airflow-case-review-vs-solid-panel

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂