Fortnite Lagging Issue's

SansNation
Go to solution Solved by SansNation,
11 hours ago, Shimejii said:

i mean what exactly are you expecting from a 6700 at this point? Its giving you all its got 😞 Fortnite requires a pretty modern CPU to not have the massive stutters and issues, and requires an SSD again to remove the stutters. 

I would consider upgrading to a 5600x used system or 12600k type, get it for a rather affordable price with a mobo and ram and you should be good 🙂

Well I reinstalled it to an SSD and it runs great with no issues, 100+fps in game and I just thought cheap ssd isn't great but seems like it solved my stuttering issues.

So, I'm having an issue on fortnite, Every time I load in to the map the game lags pretty hard, after 3 matches everything loads fine and there's little lags (dropping from the bus still lags because it loads the map every time).

The thing is I tried minimum settings but the game still has the same issues.

My Spec's:

MySpecs.png.62a8a99c481d444271159e53a985fb3d.png

Also the game is installed on Seagate Barracuda ST2000DM008, I have an Sandisk SSD Plus 2tb but not sure about it having SLC cache.

I saw the Western digital site about it explaining it having SLC cache but also saw posts on reddit that it might not be good or SLC cache is the primary method adopted in speeding up read/write of TLC SSD. The name "SLC cache" implies that it is not true SLC NAND Flash.

I did test it on CrystalDiskMark but I don't know if it's good because it's not SLC NAND Flash and SLC is just speeding up TLC SSD.

Seagate Barracuda ST2000DM008 2TB:

SeagateBarracuda.png.f68a5cd8e707ec0308b6218d8fc1c50a.png

SanDisk SSD Plus 2TB:

SandiskPlus2TB.png.6364a4b870aea9ba672fcf78d080ee83.png

I know the SSD is faster, but can I trust it with the SLC cache although its not SLC NAND Flash vs The Seagate Barracuda Hard Drive?

i mean what exactly are you expecting from a 6700 at this point? Its giving you all its got 😞 Fortnite requires a pretty modern CPU to not have the massive stutters and issues, and requires an SSD again to remove the stutters. 

I would consider upgrading to a 5600x used system or 12600k type, get it for a rather affordable price with a mobo and ram and you should be good 🙂

1 hour ago, Shimejii said:

Problem I'm Unemployed, so I don't have the option of upgrading yet,

I have a new motherboard with an intel i9-11900K but the motherboard has usb over current Issue, tried everything and I guess its the chip that controls the usb is bad and needs replacement (I got it from Aliexpress, Haven't returned it so they can fix it, I'm really lazy 😕 also I can't send right now because israel is in war right now).

I will move it to an SSD later because it's 05:30AM right now (for me) and I need some sleep .

11 hours ago, Shimejii said:

Well I reinstalled it to an SSD and it runs great with no issues, 100+fps in game and I just thought cheap ssd isn't great but seems like it solved my stuttering issues.