Playing SDR videos on browsers with HDR enabled after 545.84 Driver Update

I have an LG 34" HDR10 1080p monitor. I've recently updated the Nvidia driver to version 545.84. This issue started only after updating. When HDR is enabled, watching SDR videos on browsers increases the brightness and contrast so much, the videos become unwatchable. The video gets normal while scrolling and back to unwatchable when I stop scrolling. I have this issue on both Chrome and Edge. Even on HDR videos, the brightness increases slightly, losing some details but not so bad as SDR videos. How to fix this?

For one, its a 1080p monitor and there are no consumer 1080p monitors that can properly display HDR so ultimately you're probably better off turning it off entirely. 

Secondly, if you insist on keeping it on, ensure your SDR content slider is set correctly in Windows HDR settings and re-run the HDR Calibration Tool in the Store. 

8 hours ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

For one, its a 1080p monitor and there are no consumer 1080p monitors that can properly display HDR so ultimately you're probably better off turning it off entirely. 

Secondly, if you insist on keeping it on, ensure your SDR content slider is set correctly in Windows HDR settings and re-run the HDR Calibration Tool in the Store. 

It was working fine before the update and only SDR content played through the browsers is the problem. SDR videos played through the video players don't have any problem

I have the same problem with my monitor, it was easy to detect that it was the update because it started happening after updating to 545.84

I have temporarily solved this only by going back to the previous version of the nvidia driver, I hope they fix it

On 10/22/2023 at 8:57 AM, goretext said:

I have the same problem with my monitor, it was easy to detect that it was the update because it started happening after updating to 545.84

I have temporarily solved this only by going back to the previous version of the nvidia driver, I hope they fix it

The same worked for me.