Error in VSCode with Python

not_MrFrost

Hi, I just started learning programming at school; I've installed VSCode and Python on my laptop (Windows 10), and I also tried installing it on my computer at home, running Linux Mint. Everything went well, but when I create a new document on VSCode with Jupyter Notebook (we also use this at school), and then try to run anything, like:

print('hello')

it says that the module "_sqlite3" is missing. I looked online, tried installing it, but I still have this problem! I don't understand what I did wrong. It says to check THIS link for help, but it didn't help much.

I'm running the latest version of Python and VSCode.

Here A screenshot, if it can help

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.bddf3d109bfa458b79f35f97a4d60b79.png

Thanks in advance!

Well, nvm, I found the solution, by my own, again... if anyone is curious, I use this:

Spoiler

I got the same error in jupyter notebook. I have installed python 3.7.2 from source in my tmp folder in Ubuntu 16.04.7 LTS (Xenial Xerus). It was missing libsqlite3-dev So first install libsqlite3-dev using

$ sudo apt-get install libsqlite3-dev

Then rebuild your python 3.7.2, to do this go to your python installed folder in my case /tmp/python-3.7.2 and run

$ cd /tmp/Python-3.7.2
$ ./configure --enable-optimizations
$ sudo make altinstall

Source: comment by Amit Kumar, from HERE.

idk if this was the entire solution, 'cause I did a bunch of thing before this, but hey, better than nothing.

Anyway, I wanted to delete the post, but since I can't (I think), I'm just gonna put here my solution. Have a nice one.