Cyberpunk "proton_log=1'"

nootnoot1277

So bit of a weird one and i can't find any information online.
I went to launch Cyberpunk 2077 today for the first time in a while and the first time since the big 2.0 update and i keep getting this Windows error "Windows cannot find 'PROTON_LOG=1'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again". All i can find online is stuff related to Linux and this being a Linux issue but i don't use Linux I'm running an install of Win 10 that's perfectly stable haven't done anything weird to it, its just windows 10 and yet somehow i'm still stuck with Linux and it endless errors.
Any ideas?

(i've tried validating the game install)

Proton is the Linux that Valve uses, developed/made even?

You sure you're not trying to launch a Linux/Steam deck version of the game? Cause that's what the game seem to try and do, launch a Linux version, can't find it so it complains.

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker

1 hour ago, venomtail said:

Proton is the Linux that Valve uses, developed/made even?

You sure you're not trying to launch a Linux/Steam deck version of the game? Cause that's what the game seem to try and do, launch a Linux version, can't find it so it complains.

Oh right okay weird.
Whats weirder is i just found the cause, there was a startup command that said something about proton in it so i cleared it and now the game launches fine. I never added that startup command since i have nothing with linux on it which makes this really odd. Anyway problem solved thanks your suggestion about versions made me check that.

7 minutes ago, nootnoot1277 said:

Oh right okay weird.
Whats weirder is i just found the cause, there was a startup command that said something about proton in it so i cleared it and now the game launches fine. I never added that startup command since i have nothing with linux on it which makes this really odd. Anyway problem solved thanks your suggestion about versions made me check that.

So it was a Linux launch command that Windows couldn't find? All working now that we've removed the Linux line?

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker