Astro Mixamp = broken :(

Hello

Recently I have come to the conclusion that the Mixamp I use for my Astro A40's doesn't work when trying to use the optical output. I've tried plugging it into my Xbox One, 360, and my motherboard, and they all give me the same error; extremely loud static noises that make it impossible to use. 

However, I am still able to use the headset on my PC as a stereo headset via USB, but it doesn't sound as good as it did with optical ... Is there something I can try to do that can fix this? I updated the firmware of my Astro's and that didn't do anything. Something else I think I should note is that this issue started as soon as I reinstalled Windows... Could that have anything to do with it? As far as I know, I have the latest driver for the onboard sound on my Maximus VI Gene. I'll double check though. 

Any help you could supply would be greatly appreciated. 

//ccap

i no expurt but mite b burk m8

Corsair 230T Black with red LEDs • AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core • Cooler Master Seidon 120V 86.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  Asus M5A99X EVO R2.0 ATX AM3+  Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (2 x 4GB) Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB (2 x4GB)  NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB • Corsair RM 650W • Windows 10 • Logitech G403 + G810 • Audio Technica ATH-TAD300 • 1TB Seagate HDD x 2 256GB SanDisk SSD