Need help finding a suitable model

Go to solution Solved by MrSimplicity,

Asus TUF F15 - $880 USD

Though I personally wouldn't get a laptop with a 3050 in it I can't find any option under $1000 that doesn't. If you can spend an extra $100 you can get a 3060 in most cases.

I'm currently in the market for a laptop and I want one that I can use for all of my current needs. What I've been looking for is lower-end gaming laptops, so I can get good hardware without all the crazy aesthetic things that jack up the price (RGB lighting, "futuristic" body design, etc.). My needs are a good CPU for content creation and brute-forcing the occasional everything, and a good GPU. I don't need RTX-capable graphics, but I would like to get them as long as it's not too expensive. Probably the most graphics-intensive game I'd want to run (at decent quality) is Black Mesa. However, I can't say anything about later releases, and I do plan on using the computer for development. Right now I'm just doing modding in older engines, so hardware isn't as much of a concern (my Chromebook can run most of what I'm making), but again, that might change. My budget tops out at $1000, and I will not go above that under any circumstances. What I don't care about is screen size, as long as it's 1080p or higher, speakers, or any aspects that are purely visual. What I do care about is more than 8GB of RAM, at least 6 CPU cores, GTX-level graphics at least, and good internet. Oh, and the more USB ports, the better.

Hilf mir!

Asus TUF F15 - $880 USD

Though I personally wouldn't get a laptop with a 3050 in it I can't find any option under $1000 that doesn't. If you can spend an extra $100 you can get a 3060 in most cases.

CPU: Intel Core i9-10900K 3.7 GHz 10-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUO III 360 ARGB White Edition All-in-one AIO Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING ATX LGA1200 Motherboard 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory Boosted to 4400MHz

Storage: 6 various HDDs and SSDs
Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix 3090
Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL 
Power Supply: Asus ROG Thor 1000w
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro
Monitor: Samsung Odyssey G9 OLED 49"
Keyboard: Logitech G915 
Mouse: Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED
Headphones: Sennheiser RS 175

Mic: Blue Yeti

On 9/20/2023 at 12:12 PM, MrSimplicity said:

Asus TUF F15 - $880 USD

I mean it's cool, might be a bit too much for my preferences. Specs-wise it's exactly what I need, and with a decent price for my budget, but the overall aesthetics of it are probably weighing the price down...

On 9/22/2023 at 10:50 AM, CaptainQuirk26 said:

I mean it's cool, might be a bit too much for my preferences. Specs-wise it's exactly what I need, and with a decent price for my budget, but the overall aesthetics of it are probably weighing the price down...

TUF is actually Asus' budget brand. you trying to say you want something that looks a little more fancy then? what do you mean by "a bit too much for my preferences"?

Rereading your OP it looks like you don't want the "aesthetics" but TUF isn't all that aesthetic I don't think. compared to some brands maybe but with the TUF brand you're not paying for any of that. What you're really paying for is the actual overall design of the hardware, mainly cooling.

If you want something cheaper than that albeit slightly lower specs and definitely worse cooling the only other option I've seen (can't recommend) is the Lenovo ideapad gaming 3. You'll save ~$100-$200 but at the cost of less ram, storage, and cooling performance. I have to say the TUF laptop I originally linked would be your best bet since the only "aesthetic" there is, is just the light up keyboard.

CPU: Intel Core i9-10900K 3.7 GHz 10-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUO III 360 ARGB White Edition All-in-one AIO Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING ATX LGA1200 Motherboard 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory Boosted to 4400MHz

Storage: 6 various HDDs and SSDs
Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix 3090
Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL 
Power Supply: Asus ROG Thor 1000w
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro
Monitor: Samsung Odyssey G9 OLED 49"
Keyboard: Logitech G915 
Mouse: Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED
Headphones: Sennheiser RS 175

Mic: Blue Yeti

On 9/23/2023 at 7:18 PM, MrSimplicity said:

TUF is actually Asus' budget brand. you trying to say you want something that looks a little more fancy then? what do you mean by "a bit too much for my preferences"?

Rereading your OP it looks like you don't want the "aesthetics" but TUF isn't all that aesthetic I don't think. compared to some brands maybe but with the TUF brand you're not paying for any of that. What you're really paying for is the actual overall design of the hardware, mainly cooling.

If you want something cheaper than that albeit slightly lower specs and definitely worse cooling the only other option I've seen (can't recommend) is the Lenovo ideapad gaming 3. You'll save ~$100-$200 but at the cost of less ram, storage, and cooling performance. I have to say the TUF laptop I originally linked would be your best bet since the only "aesthetic" there is, is just the light up keyboard.

Hmm alright well thanks. I'll consider buying it.