Brand New PC will not turn on with XMP on.

flushin

Hello! I've recently assembled a new PC with the following specifications. However, I encountered an issue when attempting to activate XMP (Extreme Memory Profile) on the motherboard. It's worth noting that this is a Mini ITX build, which means the motherboard only has two DIMM slots. Despite this, the motherboard does support XMP, and the RAM is advertised to reach speeds of up to 6000MHz using XMP.

I've made attempts to enable both XMP1 and XMP2 profiles, but unfortunately, the system wouldn't boot. However, I did find a workaround by setting the memory speed to 5600MHz using an EXPO profile and that configuration seems to work perfectly. What can i do to get my ram working at 6000MHz.

Thanks.

Specifications:
CPU: Intel Core i9-13900k
GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 4070 Ti VENTUS 3X 12G OC, 12GB GDDR6X
Ram: Kingston Fury beast RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5 6000 CL36
Motherboard: GIGABYTE Z690I AORUS ULTRA - Intel Z690
SSD: Samsung SSD 990 PRO, M.2 - 2TB
AIO CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken 240mm
PSU: ASUS ROG LOKI SFX-L 850 - 850W

Have you checked for bios updates I looked on gigabytes sites and there are a number of Bios updates mentioning improved ram compatibility.   (you can also check the memory support list for your specific kit on the support page.)

double then triple check model and rev #s before trying to update bios btw... because flashing the incorrect bios can be a real bad time.