No Post - continuing issues

RyansLeftArm

Hey,

I’ve been having a bunch of issues since upgrading from a 3600 to a 7800x3d and after trying to get on after playing completely fine all night, my computer is not posting at all.

No motherboard lights turn on, just no post. I tried a different Gpu, no post, and I reseated everything twice now, including all power. I tested the monitor with another pc and it worked. I also tried my graphics card in another pc and it worked. 

I have now put my old motherboard in, and it booted but I had windows 11 and for whatever reason my old motherboard just doesn’t let me so I’ll have to re install windows 10 for the time being.

I tried legit everything that was applicable in the pinned post. 

very strange behaviour as it was working fine last night and then I turned it on this morning and just nothing will show on my monitor, all fans spin, all lights turn on, and no motherboard ez debug leds turn on. 

any ideas? Is my motherboard just dead?

Motherboard: msi pro B-650M-A Wifi

Cpu: 7800x3d

graphics card: 3070

ram: Corsair vengeance 6000 ddr5

psu: gigabyte 850 gold 

storage: 2 1T crucial nvme drives

Ps: I’m installing windows 10 on old motherboard but it should be working on that, at least I get a video output.

27 minutes ago, RyansLeftArm said:

Hey,

I’ve been having a bunch of issues since upgrading from a 3600 to a 7800x3d and after trying to get on after playing completely fine all night, my computer is not posting at all.

No motherboard lights turn on, just no post. I tried a different Gpu, no post, and I reseated everything twice now, including all power. I tested the monitor with another pc and it worked. I also tried my graphics card in another pc and it worked. 

I have now put my old motherboard in, and it booted but I had windows 11 and for whatever reason my old motherboard just doesn’t let me so I’ll have to re install windows 10 for the time being.

very strange behaviour as it was working fine last night and then I turned it on this morning and just nothing will show on my monitor, all fans spin, all lights turn on, and no motherboard ez debug leds turn on. 

Ps: I’m installing windows 10 on old motherboard but it should be working on that, at least I get a video output.

Hoping it is not dead. It sounds like everything works with the old motherboard but not the new motherboard?

1 hour ago, RyansLeftArm said:

Hey,

.. sounds like you have been doing alot.. if it's the correct bios.. 

tried to reset cmos/bios.. boot.. to no post  reset bios again? 

if that don't work RMA it.. if it is possible.