What do i do

Budget (including currency): 330 usd

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming, streaming, and some homework

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): I have a asrock 990fx extreme 9 motherboard, MSI GTX 970, Amd fx 8320 3.5 Ghz, Noctua ND-H15, Gskill sniper 1866 Mhz 4x4 GB Ram, 850 W Corsair PSU. And for the case i have an Fractal design define R5.

I also want a new microphone cuase i have a half broken Superlux E205U

And i really want to upgrade it since i wanna stream at better settings and be able to play newer games with my friends and such.

I already know i need a new motherboard to start upgrading but i dont know what to start with 

(I get about 18 bucks a month so if that could help you consider what i should buy that would be greatly appreciated)

Thank you for reading 😄

If I was you I would've gone for a used rx580 around 100usd, 4600g around 100usd, a cheap b450 mobo also around 100usd and 2 sticks of 8gb ddr4 3200mhz by saving those 18 bucks a month 

Im going to put a few different builds here, and you can pick from what you want. 

first one is an intel 11th gen build, that is ignoring buying a mic for some more performance since you can buy a mic later

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7ZdFt7

also a 13th gen build with ddr5, but slightly over budget

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/g4njfv

this one will be a similar amd build if youd like to stick with amd, this is a 5th gen ryzen build

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/H76XpH

you can modify these parts lists slightly to accomodate whatever mic you may buy to replace the broken one as im not that well versed with microphones

13 minutes ago, Shooterdude34 said:

Im going to put a few different builds here, and you can pick from what you want. 

first one is an intel 11th gen build, that is ignoring buying a mic for some more performance since you can buy a mic later

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7ZdFt7

also a 13th gen build with ddr5, but slightly over budget

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/g4njfv

this one will be a similar amd build if youd like to stick with amd, this is a 5th gen ryzen build

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/H76XpH

you can modify these parts lists slightly to accomodate whatever mic you may buy to replace the broken one as im not that well versed with microphones

but would this future proof me for lets say for 5 years?

With a budget like that, definitely go to the used market. You pretty much need an entirely new system if you're going to upgrade. I'd save up a little longer.

On another note, do NOT include USD pricing if you're not going to be buying in the US. It's not helpful, and people will suggest things like @that_potato_guy and @Shooterdude34did that aren't really useful since you can't get them at the prices suggested.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

1 minute ago, Wessel Sub said:

but would this future proof me for lets say for 5 years?

future proof really isnt a thing in pc building, but to that notion all of these builds should be powerful enough to not need upgrading for a while.

the 13th gen intel build is the newest of them all, but in terms of relative power

1. Ryzen build

2. Intel i5 11th gen build

3. intel i3 13th gen build

1 minute ago, dizmo said:

With a budget like that, definitely go to the used market. You pretty much need an entirely new system if you're going to upgrade. I'd save up a little longer.

On another note, do NOT include USD pricing if you're not going to be buying in the US. It's not helpful, and people will suggest things like @that_potato_guy and @Shooterdude34did that aren't really useful since you can't get them at the prices suggested.

i also definitely agree with this. our markets are quite different and we will have different access to stores. besides ive found much better budget options going with the used market than buying brand new. 

2 minutes ago, dizmo said:

How much you reckon i should save up?

4 minutes ago, dizmo said:

but how would the prices change i get them shipped to here? i have a friend in the us. he could send the packages over here for me, then the prices wouldnt change?

14 minutes ago, Wessel Sub said:

How much you reckon i should save up?

Depends what pricing and the used market is like where you live. You'd have to do a fair amount of research to figure that all out.

Or, see how much it'd cost to get them imported...see below.

12 minutes ago, Wessel Sub said:

but how would the prices change i get them shipped to here? i have a friend in the us. he could send the packages over here for me, then the prices wouldnt change?

You can, however then you have to pay:

• Shipping
  • Duty
  • Tax
  • Brokerage

So it's not a 1:1 value no matter how you get the parts.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

46 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Hm agree but it still gives some kinda baseline of what he can expect in that price range 

3 hours ago, that_potato_guy said:

Hm agree but it still gives some kinda baseline of what he can expect in that price range 

It doesn't, though, because those prices mean nothing to him.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

7 hours ago, dizmo said:

It doesn't, though, because those prices mean nothing to him.

Not really, the prices won't match yes but it'll be somewhat in that price range. I myself am not from US and don't use USD as currency