PUBG rig V2

AlienALX

So I built up a rig last year made from my leftover parts. Turns out the CPU in it didn't cut it in games (1920X) and the GPU was overkill for a server (2080TI Kingpin) and I already had a server.

So I stripped it, sold a couple parts, gave the GPU to my friend and the case was then empty back in the original box.

Last winter I changed the case on my away rig (the one I have at my mother's) but it drove me nuts. It looked stunning, but maybe a 120mm aio on a 3950x was taking the piss a little. 

xOHM94k.jpg

AMD CPUs seem to idle very hot, and it was at 57c before you did anything at all. As such it wasn't boosting properly and therefore the top of the case was always red hot.

Not wanting to spend a ton more money on a case I dragged the NZXT PUBG out of storage.

Bsd2b75.jpg

As well as the cables I swapped around (blue and red) to make crate cables.

SIF2zC8.jpg

The hardware was a little odd, but due to mounting the GPU the way I have (and it being enormous) it did not matter.

So the spec is X570i Strix.

GS4gKtx.jpg

My 6700XT Strix I paid £320 for ages ago.

EpplYmO.jpg

I upgraded the 16gb in there for 32gb of this. Was super cheap.

7CWjG4E.jpg

And then spent some on cooling. Like, a lot of cooling, f*** ITX sorta cooling.

TWZ533o.jpg

Was £60. Incredible tbh, especially when you consider how well made it is AND that the pump head cover is magnetic and can be rotated around in 90' increments so it is always the correct way up. I bought four of these.

qHaoZL5.jpg

For £8.50 each. I replaced the three on the rad with those, fitted one in the rear of the case, then used the three from the rad as intakes. I wish that more reviewers would review products like these. You know? the ones people actually buy.

I bought a new mic as mine's tripod fell apart ages ago.

MfETLPh.jpg

And a new, smaller keyboard.

cUQyTrE.jpg

I then made a booboo.... See, I now have three AMD GPUs. A 6800XT Strix LC in my desk gaming rig at home, a 6950XT MBA in my TV rig at home, and this 6700XT in my away rig. The other two work fine on PCIE 3 ribbons at home (both are Lian Li) even in gen 4 mode. However, this one? nothing 😞

S9OiaGE.jpg

However I did have a Phanteks one here that does work. Problem is I had to spend another 3 hours modding it and peeing around. However, I did get there in the end. I also bought a new desk last year but never got around to refreshing everything and making it look nice.

BxMch3P.png

iZaAQOL.png

ih633Ec.png

Some cheap keycaps.

Seexmv2.png

Overall very happy indeed.

How many special people change?
How many lives are livin' strange?
Where were you while we were getting high?