Is my spec good for budget gaming pc?

Budget (including currency): 60k ₹

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: simple gaming but future proofed 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): thinking about getting an i5 12400. I don't want to go with 12400f since I might upgrade with a GPU soon and idk what gpu . On offer there is an rtx 4060.for just 29999₹. Which I think is a great offer. I am also going with a 500gb samsung evo 980 pro since it's on offer for ₹5600. Pls recommend a cheap but reliable PSU.

Also a good monitor for such spec.(good colors and response time and fluidity and looks.)

Also 2x8gb ram sticks at 3200mhz ddr4 since ig it's enough. Ram totals to 3500₹, I am saying all these prices based on offers on diff websites in India like microcenter India and amazon.in 

General spec looks good to me!

And as for this:

5 minutes ago, AdhithyaCraze said:

Pls recommend a cheap but reliable PSU.

My advice is to not underbuy your PSU! I highly recommend you throw things into PCPartPicker.com as it'll give you an estimate of how many watts it could potentially pull from the wall. Once you have that, find a PSU that's at least double that estimate — and I repeat, do not underbuy it!!!

Slade Watkins • he/him/they/them

Since its a budget build, pls do recommend the PSU wattage since idk about modular psu and what they do and whats a non or semi modular one. how much wattage. 

Also pls should i get the 12400f or 12400 since even though i am going to be buying a gpu, i believe the integrated gpu on the 12400 migh add additional burden and might slow done my processor? even by a bit?

10 minutes ago, AdhithyaCraze said:

Since its a budget build, pls do recommend the PSU wattage since idk about modular psu and what they do and whats a non or semi modular one. how much wattage. 

Also pls should i get the 12400f or 12400 since even though i am going to be buying a gpu, i believe the integrated gpu on the 12400 migh add additional burden and might slow done my processor? even by a bit?

Intel Integrated graphics don't slow down a processor.

But do you think I need to replace my i5 12400 with an ryzen 5 5600, or is this better than that kind sir? Also, would that change result in me being forced to get an Rx 6600 or so? If this i5 12400 is itself enough, which would be the perfect GPU sir? Rlly awaiting all your responses and need in urgent build of this pc. Rlly need to do it as fast as possible.

7 minutes ago, AdhithyaCraze said:

But do you think I need to replace my i5 12400 with an ryzen 5 5600, or is this better than that kind sir? Also, would that change result in me being forced to get an Rx 6600 or so? If this i5 12400 is itself enough, which would be the perfect GPU sir? Rlly awaiting all your responses and need in urgent build of this pc. Rlly need to do it as fast as possible.

You can't go wrong with either cpu. You can always use the integrated graphics for now and later on purchase a graphics card to your liking.

amd5600.jpg

26 minutes ago, AdhithyaCraze said:

What abt the GPU, what should I go for such a build with ?

RX 6600 or RX 7600.

But sir isn't rtx 4060 better than rx7600? Ain't i missing out on ray tracing and dlss3?

And how do I get more PPL to answer and interact with my post, I need more answers n help guys, a proper spec...

12 minutes ago, AdhithyaCraze said:

But sir isn't rtx 4060 better than rx7600? Ain't i missing out on ray tracing and dlss3?

yeah, but only on that. Anywhere else where temporal anti aliasing (TSR, DLSS, FSR, XeSS) isn't supported, the 4060 is thrashed in value and performance.

If you can find 6700 non XT, that would've been it instead to be honest. Also, remember to press quote to get a response from someone. @Why_Me

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

do u mean 6700 performs better than rtx 4060 or for that price is better price to performance ratio? If u mean price to performance ratio, then i should go to 4060 since its on offer. Don't mind the price. Idk how to quote. I assume this is how i do it,

@SorryBella

@Why_Me

Don't mind the price, will it affect my performance? Even by a bit?

F means no integrated GPU on the CPU, for gaming, no effect that is noticeable at all.

Not an expert, just bored at work. Please quote me or mention me if you would like me to see your reply. **may edit my posts a few times after posting**

CPU: Intel i5-12400

GPU: Asus TUF RX 6800 XT OC

Mobo: Asus Prime B660M-A D4 WIFI MSI PRO B760M-A WIFI DDR4

RAM: Team Delta TUF Alliance 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16

SSD: Team MP33 1TB

PSU: MSI MPG A850GF

Case: Phanteks Eclipse P360A

Cooler: ID-Cooling SE-234 ARGB

Pcpartpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wnxDfv
Displays: Samsung Odyssey G5 S32AG50 32" 1440p 165hz | AOC 27G2E 27" 1080p 144hz

Laptop: ROG Strix Scar III G531GU Intel i5-9300H GTX 1660Ti Mobile| OS: Windows 10 Home

17 hours ago, AdhithyaCraze said:

I am new to this, how do I press quote, where is it?

image.png.08e6f84483f4027cb24ff8f0fea58a8f.png

3 minutes ago, AdhithyaCraze said:

do u mean 6700 performs better than rtx 4060

I guess you're too lazy to find that for yourself in 12 hours? Yes, especially in high VRAM intensity situation. 

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

I was recently checking on best combo for pc, in few vids, I saw that ryzen 5 5600g was slower than 5 5600. Similar, i didn't want to take chances on i5 12400.

Is having an extra integrated Intel GPU come with any benefit?

@Dukesilver27-

2 minutes ago, AdhithyaCraze said:

Don't mind the price, will it affect my performance? Even by a bit?

As written above. the F lacks integrated graphics, performance will be the same. The F parts are usually priced a little lower as well.

The ONLY bad side is that you cant use your PC if you have to RMA your GPU in case or failure with no integrated graphics, this should not be a major concern though, however it is worth mentioning.

2 minutes ago, SorryBella said:

image.png.08e6f84483f4027cb24ff8f0fea58a8f.png

I guess you're too lazy to find that for yourself in 12 hours? Yes, especially in high VRAM intensity situation. 

Sorry, yes in fact and also, what concerns me is fortnite that could take advantage of dlss3

If igpu comes handy in only one of this situation where my rtx card faults, then i rlly dont need it?
@Hinjima

11 minutes ago, AdhithyaCraze said:

I was recently checking on best combo for pc, in few vids, I saw that ryzen 5 5600g was slower than 5 5600. Similar, i didn't want to take chances on i5 12400.

Is having an extra integrated Intel GPU come with any benefit?

@Dukesilver27-

Thats because the 5600g is on the Cezanne arcitecture and the 5600 is on the vermeer arcitecture.

The 5600g uses chiplet design while the latter uses a monolithic die.
The 5600 also has twice the L3 cache of the 5600g. It not just a 5600 with a onboard graphics.
You can't compere this to intels F range of CPU's.

4 minutes ago, AdhithyaCraze said:

If igpu comes handy in only one of this situation where my rtx card faults, then i rlly dont need it?
@Hinjima

No, you dont really need it. That is basically the only use case of intergrated graphics now'a'days.
I even had to disable my integrated graphics on my AMD CPU because it was messing with my Nvidia graphics card.  Its a simple process, just go into the BIOS and disable it.

1 minute ago, AdhithyaCraze said:

Sorry, yes in fact and also, what concerns me is fortnite that could take advantage of dlss3

Fortnite, huh? Yeah in that case the Nvidia driver support for that title would tilt the balance, but really keep your RTX dream out of that title because the visibility with Lumen and Ray Traced surfaces is HORRIFYINGLY BAD especially in current season where shadow overcasts are to be expected in the ruins and jungles. And of course thats not putting the aforementioned VRAM issue into perspective, 8GB is plain not enough anymore for Ray Tracing.