Windows 8 Reset Not Working

TKFT

When I go into reset it tells me to insert your windows installation or recovery media and I do. Then a thing comes up saying verifying and when that goes away it says "The media inserted is not valid. Try Again." The media I am using is the windows 8.1 install disc so it is valid. This is the only thing I have to use and I do not have and cannot get any recovery media. My windows install is fubar and I can't get into windows or safe mode. None of the other fix options will work and I am stuck with blue screening every time I boot and can't get passed it. If you want to know more read about it here or if you can help fix my computer without resetting that would be great.

you dont need that, the "restore to factory" is embedded into win8, i dont need a disk on my tablet, laptop, or desktop

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

That happened to me before so I unplugged everything from my PSU including my SSD & HDD.  Took away power from every single thing... then I only plugged my optical drive back in and turned the thing back on.  Somehow it worked and accepted my Windows 8 install disc and I don't remember if I recovered from a restore point or if I had to reinstall everything.  Anyways that worked for me.

My rig =SCOUT2= 

you dont need that, the "restore to factory" is embedded into win8, i dont need a disk on my tablet, laptop, or desktop

how do you do a reset to factory?

how do you do a reset to factory?

when i used this on my laptop, i never had to use a disk.

Untitled_zps802e1a21.png

(of course you would use the re install function, but actually try the refresh thing if you want)

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

Do you try some third party program? Window Password Recovery Tool 3.0 is good choice that you can try, I used this to reset Windows 8 password in several minites. you can download this at http://tinyurl.com/yftywzo.