First Gaming Desktop

Faceboe_

Budget (including currency): $700 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Playing Gta Online, The Hunter COTW and other open world AAA games aswell as school work and composing music  

Other details (https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rRsGXk, Upgrading from a surface pro laptop with a ryzen 7 and 8gb ram , before the new year when my birthday and christmas comes around, I play on a 1080p 60hz monitor currently but might be getting a higher refresh rate mointor handed down from my dad later this year but i like would like to see games at higher graphics settings higher than low and at 30fps but i currently have a 16gb sl kit of corsair 3200, sabrent rocket 500gb ssd and a 3 pack of fans and was looking at getting at 2070 super used

6 minutes ago, Faceboe_ said:

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Playing Gta Online, The Hunter COTW and other open world AAA games aswell as school work and composing music  

Other details (https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rRsGXk, Upgrading from a surface pro laptop with a ryzen 7 and 8gb ram , before the new year when my birthday and christmas comes around, I play on a 1080p 60hz monitor currently but might be getting a higher refresh rate mointor handed down from my dad later this year but i like would like to see games at higher graphics settings higher than low and at 30fps but i currently have a 16gb sl kit of corsair 3200, sabrent rocket 500gb ssd and a 3 pack of fans

What gen is the ryzen 7? you might be downgrading if it's newer

15 minutes ago, Faceboe_ said:

Other details (https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rRsGXk, Upgrading from a surface pro laptop with a ryzen 7 and 8gb ram , before the new year when my birthday and christmas comes around, I play on a 1080p 60hz monitor currently but might be getting a higher refresh rate mointor handed down from my dad later this year but i like would like to see games at higher graphics settings higher than low and at 30fps but i currently have a 16gb sl kit of corsair 3200, sabrent rocket 500gb ssd and a 3 pack of fans

build looks quite well balanced honestly, although id go with a more reputable power supply brand like silverstone. thats just one area you wont want to mess with.

8 minutes ago, iggy12345 said:

What gen is the ryzen 7? you might be downgrading if it's newer

honestly it wouldnt matter. the only newer chips that would beat that desktop chip either have no gpu or are more expensive than $700

4 minutes ago, Faceboe_ said:

image.thumb.png.dfe83317a53181628fda13eb1e8a55af.png

looked that model up, its a Ryzen 7 4980u. the 12400f is more powerful than that chip, and you have flexibility and a gpu. parts list looks good, just go with a better power supply brand

1 hour ago, Faceboe_ said:

Other details (https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rRsGXk, Upgrading from a surface pro laptop with a ryzen 7 and 8gb ram , before the new year when my birthday and christmas comes around, I play on a 1080p 60hz monitor currently but might be getting a higher refresh rate mointor handed down from my dad later this year but i like would like to see games at higher graphics settings higher than low and at 30fps but i currently have a 16gb sl kit of corsair 3200, sabrent rocket 500gb ssd and a 3 pack of fans and was looking at getting at 2070 super used

That power supply makes me nervous. A good 750w 80+ gold psu will be at least $100 from I can tell. One thing you don't want to cheap out on is a PSU, cause a faulty PSU could cause a lot more in damage than the cost of a model from a more reputable brand.

700$ should get you a used 12600k + z690 + 6700xt/3070 combo off fb marketplace

7 minutes ago, daaaaavia said:

That power supply makes me nervous. A good 750w 80+ gold psu will be at least $100 from I can tell. One thing you don't want to cheap out on is a PSU, cause a faulty PSU could cause a lot more in damage than the cost of a model from a more reputable brand.

Proper way to cheap out on the psu is to buy used as you can get quality 750/850w units like the rm(x) for 40-60$ that will trounce on that apevia while being cheaper and straight up better

Branding usually doesnt matter but apevia has a reputation for being garbage so id avoid em, reputable brands arent immune to bad psus but theyll make good units for the most part, obscure brands youll have to dig abit deeper but a decent bit of em are just oems and usually pretty decent

3 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

700$ should get you a used 12600k + z690 + 6700xt/3070 combo off fb marketplace

Proper way to cheap out on the psu is to buy used as you can get quality 750/850w units like the rm(x) for 40-60$ that will trounce on that apevia while being cheaper and straight up better

Branding usually doesnt matter but apevia has a reputation for being garbage so id avoid em, reputable brands arent immune to bad psus but theyll make good units for the most part, obscure brands youll have to dig abit deeper but a decent bit of em are just oems and usually pretty decent

Sure branding doesn't mean every product is perfect, but with well-known brand the vast majority of products are better.

And while the used market is a great place to find deals, not everyone wants to buy used parts for various reasons.