Attempting to run Win11 VM but can't mount boot drive

Go to solution Solved by HomeLabAddict,
24 minutes ago, Athan Immortal said:

Post the solution. The internet is full of posts of "Fixed it" that don't say how they did it.

lol I just said f it and put a ssd in my system and installed win 10 on it. Was having too many troubles with not being able to pass my nvme controller through. I don't save anything really on my C: so mostly everything is on my other drives, otherwise I would have probably tried harder to get the nvme to work

Okay so I turned my gaming pc into a low level unraid backup machine but I was hoping to be able to run the pc as a VM in the chance that I wanna play some games, the only thing I can't seem to figure out is how to mount the boot drive. All other forums say just mount it but I am unable to mount or pass through the whole drive just one of the partitions. I have a vdisk.img file in one of the partitions but when trying to boot off of that nothing happens. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have tried running

ls /dev/disk/by-id/

to find out ata-INTEL_SSDSCKKW256G8_BTLA8124228J256J is what I want to pass through but when I enter that into the manual vdisk the VM saves but says no boot device found

Edit: I also can't find the NVME controller in my system devices but it is mountable with unassigned devices

Figured out another solution just don't know how to delete a forum post

15 hours ago, HomeLabAddict said:

Figured out another solution just don't know how to delete a forum post

Post the solution. The internet is full of posts of "Fixed it" that don't say how they did it.

Athan is pronounced like Nathan without the N. <3

24 minutes ago, Athan Immortal said:

lol I just said f it and put a ssd in my system and installed win 10 on it. Was having too many troubles with not being able to pass my nvme controller through. I don't save anything really on my C: so mostly everything is on my other drives, otherwise I would have probably tried harder to get the nvme to work