New build bios not booting up bios

eekarma

I have checked the cables i have checked the ram there is no error display or lights or anything. But when i plug in my keyboard and mouse the rgbs dont light up on them so i believe they dont work. Idk what to do.

my specs:

Mobo: Asus prime b450 plus

Gpu: Msi gaming trio x 3060 ti

cpu: Amd ryzen 7 5800x3d

OS: i havent installed it but will do windows 11 64 bit

psu: 750 watt

43 minutes ago, eekarma said:

I have checked the cables i have checked the ram there is no error display or lights or anything. But when i plug in my keyboard and mouse the rgbs dont light up on them so i believe they dont work. Idk what to do.

my specs:

Mobo: Asus prime b450 plus

Gpu: Msi gaming trio x 3060 ti

cpu: Amd ryzen 7 5800x3d

Have you updated the BIOS?  The Ryzen 5000 will only work in that motherboard with BIOS version 3211 or later.  That is a very late BIOS version so the board most likely shipped with an earlier version of the BIOS.

2 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

Have you updated the BIOS?  The Ryzen 5000 will only work in that motherboard with BIOS version 3211 or later.  That is a very late BIOS version so the board most likely shipped with an earlier version of the BIOS.

Yeah the reason these older boards are so cheap now is because you need a supported CPU to fix this problem.  Although given how far back it goes, a really old supported CPU shouldn't cost much.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

1 minute ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

Yeah the reason these older boards are so cheap now is because you need a supported CPU to fix this problem.  Although given how far back it goes, a really old supported CPU shouldn't cost much.

Indeed.  AMD would actually send you a Ryzen 1200 for free so you could update the BIOS for these boards to support a 5000 series CPU, as long as you sendt the CPU back to them obviously.  I dont know if they still do this.

1 hour ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

The fun part is that some of the boards dropped support of the old chips in a bios version you need to install in order to update to the version that is needed to run the latest processors, so you could wind up in a situation where you need 3 different CPUs (if you already have like an A series chip installed for example).. 😂