urgent help!!

Hi guys. just 2 hours ago ive tried a netsh winsock reset due to me following a guide on an article for a problem I had ingame. After I did the netsh winsock reset, I rebooted my PC and now im in some trouble.
When I hover over my taskbar, I get a blue pinwheel and I can only access things if I spam it for a while. Whenever I press the windows button the screen goes black for 0.5/s,all my icons on desktop disappear for a millisecond and nothing really happens. Ive tried getting to settings by win+I which worked however when I tried to troubleshoot my network it comes up without problem and when I try see my available networks the button goes grey after ive pressed it and eventually crashed the settings tab and I can't see any networks when I press the network button on the taskbar either.

Is my pc ok? Is there a fix? Has anyone experienced this?
Any answers help, thanks.

so you dive into the system settings tweaking things without a restore point ?

DISM commands and even sfc /scannow might fix things but in future always create a restore point before follwing a guide to mess with your system. it takes less than 2 minutes and can save a lot of heartache when shit hits the fan.

just in case you need it for the future https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-a-system-restore-point-77e02e2a-3298-c869-9974-ef5658ea3be9

it is an extremely easy thing to do and very helpful when exploring tweaks to setting etc.

On 6/30/2023 at 12:18 PM, da na said:

Seems like a corruption of explorer.exe; dism restore command can help. Run the command in command prompt/PowerShell as an administrator, fully reboot, see how it goes.

Ok thanks for the help

Doesn’t seem like it has worked 😕 I did check, scan and restore dism and I did sfc scan and it said it restored corrupted files but doesn’t seem like it has worked