24 Pin Connector is Melting?

Hi everyone! First time user on the forum! I just had a quick question about how my 24 pin cable looks. Do it look like it's melting to anyone else? I saw some other forum posts on reddit that some cables come with sharpie markings, but this one looks different to me. I could be overreacting, but any advice as to what the problem is and how to fix it would be awesome!

Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/sCnFFg

Build date: May 24th 2023

PC usage: School work and light gaming/game recording (LoL, COD MW2, CS:GO, Diablo 4, and Xdefiant as of yesterday lol)

Errors: No noticeable performance issues, no BSOD. Occasionally I'll check HWMonitor during games and I got up to 79C yesterday during a XDefiant load screen, but I checked periodically through the match and it was fine at around 55C

Pictures are attached (I took too many because I did not want to have more lol)

Thanks everyone!

IMG_9291.jpeg

IMG_9293.jpeg

IMG_9296.jpeg

IMG_9298.jpeg

IMG_9299.jpeg

IMG_9300.jpeg

IMG_9302.jpeg

IMG_9305.jpeg

IMG_9306.jpeg

IMG_9307 (1).jpeg

14 minutes ago, Lamb Chop said:

Hi everyone! First time user on the forum! I just had a quick question about how my 24 pin cable looks. Do it look like it's melting to anyone else? I saw some other forum posts on reddit that some cables come with sharpie markings, but this one looks different to me. I could be overreacting, but any advice as to what the problem is and how to fix it would be awesome!

Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/sCnFFg

Build date: May 24th 2023

PC usage: School work and light gaming/game recording (LoL, COD MW2, CS:GO, Diablo 4, and Xdefiant as of yesterday lol)

Errors: No noticeable performance issues, no BSOD. Occasionally I'll check HWMonitor during games and I got up to 79C yesterday during a XDefiant load screen, but I checked periodically through the match and it was fine at around 55C

Pictures are attached (I took too many because I did not want to have more lol)

Thanks everyone!

IMG_9291.jpeg

IMG_9293.jpeg

IMG_9296.jpeg

IMG_9298.jpeg

IMG_9299.jpeg

IMG_9300.jpeg

IMG_9302.jpeg

IMG_9305.jpeg

IMG_9306.jpeg

IMG_9307 (1).jpeg

Looks completely fine to me, I see absolutely nothing wrong. Sharpie markings are common. Safe to use.
Sharpie markings or ink is common on Corsair RM series, its Quality control markings.

You could technically remove all the plastic from this plug, and just connect the metal pieces onto the pins of the mobo, and be fine. However, the plug is way more easy and secure. So as long as the inside of this plug, and if the motherboard connector seems to be clean/clear of foreign metal bits, it should be fine. Even if the plastic would be slightly burned.

If it were burned a bit, but doesn't blow up anything and doesn't burn anything anymore, there has been an issue with the PSU (but not anymore) Keep using this thing if you don't have issues.

Smell anything?  You'd have a strong aroma if there was melting plastic.

I agree with the comments above, it looks ok to me.