Cpu cooler smells like something burnt

Hey, so I built my first ever gaming pc 2 weeks ago and everything is great so far loving the performance I get and everything is perfect but there is one issue my pc smells like something is burning like it's not straight up burnt but it smells like melting plastic or something like that. Ive tried to research online but everything that came up was the psu but I recently figured out it is my cpu cooler. I'm not sure if this is normal for it to smell. When the pc is under heavy workload like gaming my pc gets hot on top (where the cpu cooler is) and it smells but when my pc is idle or just not on heavy workload the smell if gone or there isn't smell. Is there any tips on how to stop the awful smell. My parents keep complaining it stinks and I want to get rid of the smell or they'll make me get rid of the pc.

My pc specs

Rtx 4080

13th gen intel core i9 13900k

Case: cooler master mini itx case nr200p

Cpu cooler: cooler master 280mm aio cpu cooler (came with the case)

Psu: sff 850 watt 80 plus gold cooler matsr psu (also came with the case)

You could try putting the intel stock cooler on and see if that removes the smell. If it fixes it then I would see if you could get that aio replaced since it’s only 2 weeks old.

I once thought my new PSU was burning up, turns out I had a skunk problem. Try to be thorough on what you diagnose the problem as, as it could be more than what you initially thought.

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

9 hours ago, CoveWolfYT said:

You could try putting the intel stock cooler on and see if that removes the smell. If it fixes it then I would see if you could get that aio replaced since it’s only 2 weeks old.

my cpu didn't come with a stock cooler

9 hours ago, Jumballi said:

I once thought my new PSU was burning up, turns out I had a skunk problem. Try to be thorough on what you diagnose the problem as, as it could be more than what you initially thought.

People have said that I could bleach it or put it in a bin with dish soap and it would get rid of the smell but I don't know if that would make the smell stop

11 hours ago, NoobMaster5 said:

Hey, so I built my first ever gaming pc 2 weeks ago and everything is great so far loving the performance I get and everything is perfect but there is one issue my pc smells like something is burning like it's not straight up burnt but it smells like melting plastic or something like that. Ive tried to research online but everything that came up was the psu but I recently figured out it is my cpu cooler. I'm not sure if this is normal for it to smell. When the pc is under heavy workload like gaming my pc gets hot on top (where the cpu cooler is) and it smells but when my pc is idle or just not on heavy workload the smell if gone or there isn't smell. Is there any tips on how to stop the awful smell. My parents keep complaining it stinks and I want to get rid of the smell or they'll make me get rid of the pc.

My pc specs

Rtx 4080

13th gen intel core i9 13900k

Case: cooler master mini itx case nr200p

Cpu cooler: cooler master 280mm aio cpu cooler (came with the case)

Psu: sff 850 watt 80 plus gold cooler matsr psu (also came with the case)

update: now i think its the radiator of the CPU cooler its either one of the two.

11 hours ago, NoobMaster5 said: