My PC is possessed! Please help.

Something is seriously wrong with my pc, and I have no idea what it is. I’m experiencing occasional blue screens, application crashes, and games breaking/falling apart. I’ve attached some photos of examples bellow. In the first photo (which I like to call door horse) my game went from being completely fine for 20 minutes, to having audio cut out and having that happen in the place of a cut scene. Other examples include ground textures not being rendered, or just normal crashes to desktop. These issues also aren’t exclusive to red dead, as many other games are experiencing crashes and randomly freezing (doom eternal, minecraft, destiny 2 and the last of us, however Red Dead 2 is just the most extreme example of the issues I’m experiencing.) Many of these crashes are also accompanied by a notification telling me to verify integrity of game files, but doing so hasn’t resolved anything. My pc is also somehow completely fine at editing intensive footage (Sony 4:2:2 10bit xavc s 140mb/s footage from my a7iv) in both premier pro and after effects, as well as being completely fine at rendering. My pc was also somehow completely fine at playing TLOU when it first dropped on pc as a broken mess, however now it is basically unplayable with consistent crashing and having to open the game 3 times to actually get it to work. My specs are an i713700kf, 32gb of 3600mhz ddr4 ram, 2tb ssd, a 3060 Ti, 850w psu, and an asus B660 motherboard. Both the cpu and motherboard have been replaced via warranty, and my pc has been tested with both other sticks of ram and other gpus (3200mhz 16gb and a 2060 respectively). My pc was also given to a repair shop, and replacing the ssd showed the same issues. We have gone through multiple windows installs, and my pc has been rebuilt multiple times. This has been going for months and it feels like we are getting nowhere, and if someone has any idea what’s wrong it’d be greatly appreciated. One important note is that my pc seemed to act mostly fine when the cpu was replaced, as it’d let me play Red dead for 1-3 hours before anything weird would happen. Replacing the cpu was the closest I’ve been to actually fixing this pc. Also, my blue screen codes have been varied, but ‘Video memory management internal’ and  ‘irql not less or equel’ have shown up at least twice respectively. Any help would be appreciated, and thank you in advance 🙂

C705720D-1797-4DDD-B875-29F409063BDF.jpeg

18CD336C-2B4A-4BE9-8FFB-DAF082DA9A4B.jpeg

CD3B7C95-3879-4541-8880-FB1D4F2D72D3.jpeg

20EFCA78-5B76-4CFC-B9CE-48EBF683D132.jpeg

BCE29161-C060-43E8-959C-BC252E55D66C.jpeg

E5C625CB-3345-4D60-9EBC-CE8D7BA19107.jpeg

3060ti has 8gb ram when the vram buffer runs out the system looks like some of these screenshots u have provided and the error code you saw on one of the blue screens

What resolution do you play at? What texture settings are you using?

Im not sure about the audio cut outs, have you replaced the hdmi cable?

What happens if you lower the texture or the resolution? If these issues go away it shows the video memory running out causing these issues.

8 minutes ago, Ottoman420 said:

3060ti has 8gb ram when the vram buffer runs out the system looks like some of these screenshots u have provided and the error code you saw on one of the blue screens

What resolution do you play at? What texture settings are you using?

Im not sure about the audio cut outs, have you replaced the hdmi cable?

What happens if you lower the texture or the resolution? If these issues go away it shows the video memory running out causing these issues.

Same issues occur at both lower and higher resolutions, as for the settings I’ve played around with a lot of different ones (tried both direct x12 and Vulcan, as well as all other graphical presets). These are the settings I was using for red dead 2 for most of the photos, as you can see the estimated Vram usage is well bellow 8gb. The only game I pushed with the vram usage was TLOU when it first came out, and somehow that was stable.

as for audio, issues only occur when the game breaks, and multiple hdmi cables/display ports have been used. Typically I am playing games at 1440p.

7E304C27-8886-4892-BD12-930CB02F4F8D.jpeg

F31A2E2D-3BBD-4CA7-97A5-4C47D26BC371.jpeg

C1B07BB2-05B4-47F1-93E2-E6031BCC5A25.jpeg

Im sorry to say you need a 12gb card for some 1080p games and most 1440p in 2023. (imo)

These videos show how some settings hurt performance (some by using more vram) and offer little gains.

Yes the Vram usage is lower on the settings page but the longer you play the more it gets used and filled up so over time once the 8gb is used can struggle like this.

6 minutes ago, Ottoman420 said:

Im sorry to say you need a 12gb card for some 1080p games and most 1440p in 2023. (imo)

These videos show how some settings hurt performance (some by using more vram) and offer little gains.

Yes the Vram usage is lower on the settings page but the longer you play the more it gets used and filled up so over time once the 8gb is used can struggle like this.

Even still, this wouldn’t explain games not even opening or crashing within 20 minutes. Especially games like minecraft. 

thanks tho, Vram could be the direction to look 🙂

4 minutes ago, Thomson Hill said:

Even still, this wouldn’t explain games not even opening or crashing within 20 minutes. Especially games like minecraft. 

thanks tho, Vram could be the direction to look 🙂

idk happens to me too where games just don't load fully or textures or shit like that. It's really annoying, does restarting the game work?

My First PC
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
Cooler: Asus TUF Gaming LC240
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix B550-f gaming
RAM: 4x8 GB Corsair Vengeance RS (3200 MHz, CL16)
Storage: 1tb Samsung 980 Pro
Graphics Card: Asus Dual RTX 2060 OC
Case: Deepcool Matrexx 50
Power Supply: Corsair RM650x
Headset: Razer Blackshark V2
Keyboard: Corsair K70 Pro Mini (Speed Silver switches)
Mouse: Razer Viper Mini
Only changes I have made is I sold the 2060 for $235 AUD and bought a Powercolor Red Devil 6700 XT for $400 second hand (it was barely used, think I scored a deal on Ebay with that).
I'm learning video editing and trying to get some cash as a high school student.
I like F1, my favourite team is Scuderia Ferrari and favourite driver is Charles Leclerc. Favourite track is Red Bull Ring in Austria.
Playing with a 1080p 60hz monitor right now, hoping to upgrade to a 1440p 144hz one soon.

Living in AU and that pisses me off since every event is late at night or early in the morning (almost every F1 race starts around 11 PM AEST time)

8 hours ago, PcBeExpensive said:

idk happens to me too where games just don't load fully or textures or shit like that. It's really annoying, does restarting the game work?

Nope, with red dead I only get 20 minutes of gameplay each time before it either does that or just crashes to desktop

8 hours ago, jaslion said:

What psu do you have? Th3 model

It’s a Corsair RM850x 850W.

Have you tried the pc in another location outside of your house? Once you have gone through basically testing and replacing all components, dirty power from the wall becomes something you need to consider the culprit.

51 minutes ago, Thomson Hill said:

Nope, with red dead I only get 20 minutes of gameplay each time before it either does that or just crashes to desktop

If anything has been overclocked reset it to factory settings, try doing gpu driver updates but with a clean update using ddu or whatever its called, also try updating bios.

My First PC
Only changes I have made is I sold the 2060 for $235 AUD and bought a Powercolor Red Devil 6700 XT for $400 second hand (it was barely used, think I scored a deal on Ebay with that).
I'm learning video editing and trying to get some cash as a high school student.
I like F1, my favourite team is Scuderia Ferrari and favourite driver is Charles Leclerc. Favourite track is Red Bull Ring in Austria.
Playing with a 1080p 60hz monitor right now, hoping to upgrade to a 1440p 144hz one soon.

Living in AU and that pisses me off since every event is late at night or early in the morning (almost every F1 race starts around 11 PM AEST time)

39 minutes ago, PcBeExpensive said:

If anything has been overclocked reset it to factory settings, try doing gpu driver updates but with a clean update using ddu or whatever its called, also try updating bios.

Bios has already been updated, graphics driver updates using ddu were also done by the repair shop, and nothing has been overclocked (no xmp, Ram is just running at the standard of 2133mhz. Every time i try to set it above my pc does however blu screen. 

1 hour ago, Whatisthis said:

Have you tried the pc in another location outside of your house? Once you have gone through basically testing and replacing all components, dirty power from the wall becomes something you need to consider the culprit.

Pc was indeed tested at another location far away from my house (pc repair shop) and it showed the same results. 

4 hours ago, Thomson Hill said:

Bios has already been updated, graphics driver updates using ddu were also done by the repair shop, and nothing has been overclocked (no xmp, Ram is just running at the standard of 2133mhz. Every time i try to set it above my pc does however blu screen. 

Do you have a spare GPU you can put in the system and check if that fixes anything? Process of elimination is the best thing to do here.

My First PC

1 hour ago, PcBeExpensive said:

Do you have a spare GPU you can put in the system and check if that fixes anything? Process of elimination is the best thing to do here.

Already tested with both a 2060 and 3070 ti, same result. Ram has also been swapped out, as has cpu and motherboard 

2 minutes ago, Thomson Hill said:

Already tested with both a 2060 and 3070 ti, same result. Ram has also been swapped out, as has cpu and motherboard 

So not GPU, RAM, CPU or motherboard? Are you sure all drivers are up to date? Have you contacted support for motherboard and cpu? Try re-installing the games, could be a storage issue like data is corrupted or something? I'm not really sure.

My First PC

9 minutes ago, PcBeExpensive said:

So not GPU, RAM, CPU or motherboard? Are you sure all drivers are up to date? Have you contacted support for motherboard and cpu? Try re-installing the games, could be a storage issue like data is corrupted or something? I'm not really sure.

Games have been uninstalled and reinstalled. Drivers are all up to date as is the bios. I have contacted support for the mob and cpu and they sent me replacement parts which led to the same result. Thank you so much for trying to help tho 🙂

Just now, Thomson Hill said:

Games have been uninstalled and reinstalled. Drivers are all up to date as is the bios. I have contacted support for the mob and cpu and they sent me replacement parts which led to the same result. Thank you so much for trying to help tho 🙂

Thats fine, I currently don't have any other ideas but if I do I will be sure to put them here! Sorry that we could not get to a solution.

My First PC

1 minute ago, PcBeExpensive said:

Thats fine, I currently don't have any other ideas but if I do I will be sure to put them here! Sorry that we could not get to a solution.

It's ok, i haven't been able to get a solution for 5 months so it's expected 😭

How tight is your case? Is there a room for the GPU and rest of the components? You said that you've changed almost every part except hard drive? If the hard drive is the only thing you haven't changed that also could cause this issue, but I still think it could be overheating.

42 minutes ago, Pahis said:

How tight is your case? Is there a room for the GPU and rest of the components? You said that you've changed almost every part except hard drive? If the hard drive is the only thing you haven't changed that also could cause this issue, but I still think it could be overheating.

It's a cosair 4000d, and it fits everything nicely.

1 hour ago, Thomson Hill said:

It's a cosair 4000d, and it fits everything nicely.

I just hope that every component inside of that case can be cooled

Just had another blue screen, this time it was 'system thread exception not handled' while trying to update.