Ryzen 3900X

Asrock X570 Taichi

2x16GB Trident Z neo 3600

EVGA 3080 LHR

Corsair RM750

Sabrant rocket NVMe 1TB PCIE 4.0

Windows 11

NZXT Kraken X72 160mm

The BSOD is often CRITICAL_PROCESS_FAILED, or SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, and the dump progress is completely frozen at 0%.

The computer BSODs when playing games, this has carried over through the upgrade to Windows 11, I have switched between RAM sticks sets with no avail.

Changed boot drive and game installation drive to different SSD.

The computer does not BSOD when playing League of Legends or low graphics intensity games like Hades or Across the Obelisk, however things like Deep Rock Galactic, CSGO, and Monster Hunter World causes the crashes regularly, sometimes within 3 minutes of starting the game but definitely within 15 minutes of starting the game.

The RGB fan controller was removed, RGB on RAM and cooler has been disabled.

The BSOD behavior temporarily stopped when I changed the GPU power from using two cables to the PSU to using the split connector on one cable, this resulted in around 2 weeks without crashes but the problem showed up again yesterday.

There are no dump files and there are no events in event viewer other than "the system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down", "the previous system shutdown was unexpected", and "volmgr: Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation"

Is your CPU overclocked at all? Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't those games that you've mentioned more intensive on the CPU, rather than the GPU?
Then again, the same case can be held for LoL.

Try using these commands, both SFC & DISM.exe: https://davescomputertips.com/differences-between-sfc-and-dism-explained/#:~:text=In summary%2C SFC %2Fscannow is,themselves not corrupt or missing.

On top of that, run "chkdsk /f /r" as well.

If neither fixes it, try re-installing Windows, cleanly.

Jude 1:23

And on some have compassion, making a distinction; but others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire, hating even the garment defiled by the flesh.

3 minutes ago, MidnightStars said:

Is your CPU overclocked at all? Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't those games that you've mentioned more intensive on the CPU, rather than the GPU?
Then again, the same case can be held for LoL.

Try using these commands, both SFC & DISM.exe: https://davescomputertips.com/differences-between-sfc-and-dism-explained/#:~:text=In summary%2C SFC %2Fscannow is,themselves not corrupt or missing.

On top of that, run "chkdsk /f /r" as well.

If neither fixes it, try re-installing Windows, cleanly.

non-overclocked CPU, all three commands (SFC, DISM, CHKDSK) have been run previously with no errors and no improvement. Will do a reinstall as soon as it is less disruptive. Though I have previously done a clean reinstall to no avail.

Zoinks, then it could be a bad GPU. Maybe these two could help, who knows (videos on same item in question):

Jude 1:23

And on some have compassion, making a distinction; but others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire, hating even the garment defiled by the flesh.

Not being able to write a dump file means that it's one of the following issues:

• Storage drive is encrypted (E.g. via Bitlocker)
  • Manually set page file that is too small. If left on automatic allocation it shouldn't be the page file unless it's because of the next bullet point
  • Not enough storage space for the page file and/or to create the dump file. Keep SSDs on at least 15% free, preferably 20% (The percentage changes a bit as you get larger drives, but it also keeps the drives healthy for longer)
  • Issue with the storage drive. Old firmware, overheating or faulty

Also double check which drive the page file is set to be on. I have seen Windows randomly change the page file to external drive which is quite bad. It's really sketch to do come to any kind of conclusion from the crash errors without a dump file (There are a few exceptions, but not really in this case), but what I can tell you is that if it's a storage issue those two crash errors are not unreasonable to see. Not the most common ones or even most expected ones, but if I looked at a collection of crash dumps and a few of these were mixed in I wouldn't think of it as odd. So if I had to take a guess on this, I would lean towards a faulty storage drive if you can clear all the other bullet points.

Enter "systempropertiesadvanced" into Windows search (Should be OS language agnostic) and open it. Under the Performance "square" in the Advanced tab it should open to, click on Settings. Change to the Advanced tab in the new window and under Virtual Memory/Page File (Not sure what an English OS calls it) click on "Change...". 

If it's automatically set, the top box where the drive is shouldn't be interactable, but you should still see which drive it has selected for it. If it's on the incorrect drive (And it would have to be a nearly full drive or an external drive to realistically cause issues unless it's faulty) then untick the automatic allocation box. Click the drive it's on and select "no page file", then click the drive you want it on and set it as a system managed size. 

I got same kind of problems when I build my newest PC. I did use every trick and tip I found out on the web. It didn't work and I was wondering is there just one or multiple things that causes this problem. 

As I found out last time I did build my pc was 20 years ago so things have changed a bit and so I did mistakes.

Now first things first I did four things: 
1. I put my m.2 SSD to the main socket of m.2.

2. I toke off external HDD and changed it to internal

3. I did clean Windows installation without any RGP, SpeedUp, Armory software that the motherboard maker wants to be installed.

4. I did open up the top of the case for the better airflow.

After these I found out that there are still some services running (using ASUS RIG motherboard) that really want to install shait software to my computer and these services started when Windows starts. After I disable these non wanted services and uninstalled tons of bloatwares my problems did solved.