Windows 11 WIFI Questions

Go to solution Solved by Radium_Angel,
39 minutes ago, TechnoLad said:

disconnect after sleep

Sadly, rather standard, to conserve power. 

If this is a desktop you can turn that off under the power settings on the wifi adapter in device manager.

Hi all! I've come across a weird issue with my home network that seems to have poor documentation within windows and feel like you experts may have some answers. Recently I changed internet providers which required me to reconfigure my home network. I'm using the same router but the internet is coming in via a new modem. Anyway I have an issue now where my WIFI network is populated at the very bottom of the available networks list when I attempt to connect to it (this is extremely annoying since I live in highly populated apartment building) and my windows 11 devices disconnect after sleep or shutdown, requiring me to both reconnect and re-enter the WIFI password every time. I have no clue what may have happened to cause this, the only hint I have is that my WIFI network Icon now looks has a weird 'X' symbol affixed to it. Any ideas on what this means? I found another user asking the same question on the windows forum last year to no avail, this image is from his post for clarity but it appears exactly as mine does. Any insight that could be provided is deeply appreciated. 

39 minutes ago, TechnoLad said:

disconnect after sleep

Sadly, rather standard, to conserve power. 

If this is a desktop you can turn that off under the power settings on the wifi adapter in device manager.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me.