Removing GPU

Eonesi
Go to solution Solved by cautiouslyoptimistic,

The image really does look like a sliding lock rather than a push lock.

I would have the case on the floor/table, use both my index fingers to apply pressure from both side if possible. and do fiddle with it see if it really is just a stuck slider lock.

if really stuck i would wrap tool(preferably plastic/wood) in dry(dealing with electronics) towel/ tissue and do what you gotta do.

this is all assuming that you really need the 3070 out, e.g. selling it to a buyer outside your door right now, otherwise a 3070 with a broken section off the pcb is a costly endeavour. Good luck.

Hi! I’m trying to remove the GPU from the  PCIe slot to access the M.2 slot under it.

My problem is the the clip on the PCIe slot is not budging.

The MB is the Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro WiFi and the gpu is a 3070.

I’ve used a flathead screwdriver, broken many finger nails to push down on the clip and only managed to move the PCIe clip slightly. I have also tried pulling, pushing and wiggling the gpu while I do so, but nothing has worked so far.

image.thumb.jpg.642656b00fece64e22545e742ccc36cd.jpg

The clip does not slide, I have tested it on the other PCIe slots (unless they are different), thank you for replying!

The image really does look like a sliding lock rather than a push lock.

I would have the case on the floor/table, use both my index fingers to apply pressure from both side if possible. and do fiddle with it see if it really is just a stuck slider lock.

if really stuck i would wrap tool(preferably plastic/wood) in dry(dealing with electronics) towel/ tissue and do what you gotta do.

this is all assuming that you really need the 3070 out, e.g. selling it to a buyer outside your door right now, otherwise a 3070 with a broken section off the pcb is a costly endeavour. Good luck.