Pixel 7 Pro vs S23 Plus

hbsterling

Get an Iphone 14 pro and don't get either of those

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D GPU- RTX 4070 SUPER FE MOBO-ASUS ROG Strix B650E-E Gaming Wifi RAM-32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 6000cl30 STORAGE-2x1TB Seagate Firecuda 530 PCIE4 NVME PSU-Corsair RM1000x Shift COOLING-EK-AIO 360mm with 3x Lian Li P28 + 4 Lian Li TL120 (Intake) CASE-Phanteks NV5 MONITORS-ASUS ROG Strix XG27AQ 1440p 170hz+Gigabyte G24F 1080p 180hz PERIPHERALS-Lamzu Maya+ 4k Dongle+LGG Saturn Pro Mousepad+Nk65 Watermelon (Tangerine Switches)+Autonomous ErgoChair+ AUDIO-RODE NTH-100+Schiit Magni Heresy+Motu M2 Interface

7 minutes ago, Deadpool2onBlu-Ray said:

The iphone 14 pro is at least 200 bucks more expensive than the 7 pro and about the same than the s23 plus. And if they want an android why not?

12 minutes ago, hbsterling said:

What are the biggest differences in this phone?

I would get the pixel 7 pro. I would say the biggest difference would be the chipset. the s23 plus has an 8+ gen 2 SOC while the pixel 7 pro has a tensor G2. Technically the G2 is slower in the pixel but the pixel has superior software so seems to perform better. Overall I would get the pixel 7 pro

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

10 minutes ago, filpo said:

And if they want an android why not?

Yeah nope. I won't even listen to any single argument saying android is better/even/even just sligtly worse than Apple Iphones. I simply remove myself from that conversation as it's not worth arguing with people the vast majority of the time. Android's are just unequivocally universally worse than Iphones. Not even an Apple "fanboy" per se, it's just the superior product. I was an android fanboy for YEARS, hated the idea of ever having an "isheep" device. I used my Girlfriend's (at the time, now wife) Iphone 7 for legitimately 30 seconds and I put up my Galaxy S7 Edge on Ebay that same day and ordered an Iphone 7 plus. Haven't looked back since. I'd rather use a 2-3 year old iphone compared to even a flagship android. Off the top of my head reasons to get an Iphone over android.

More reliable, longer lasting, MUCH longer software updates

More resale value

VASTLY superior software

Faster (I think Apple is about 2-3 SoC's ahead still?)

Better animations

Better native apps

Better privacy

Imessage

Facetime

Apple Watch (android watches are ewaste)

Again, I'll mention my first point again. They just last longer. Every android phone I ever had was useless slow Ewaste that stopped getting updated after two years. My parents have like iphone 6's that still work perfect now in 2023.

It's a brainless decision. Apple>>>>>>>>>Android phones all day and twice on Sunday.

Obviously, it's just my opinion but I simply check out of conversations where people try to argue otherwise, they are naive or just hate Apple because they are Apple. Again, not defending the company but they have the superior product

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D GPU- RTX 4070 SUPER FE MOBO-ASUS ROG Strix B650E-E Gaming Wifi RAM-32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 6000cl30 STORAGE-2x1TB Seagate Firecuda 530 PCIE4 NVME PSU-Corsair RM1000x Shift COOLING-EK-AIO 360mm with 3x Lian Li P28 + 4 Lian Li TL120 (Intake) CASE-Phanteks NV5 MONITORS-ASUS ROG Strix XG27AQ 1440p 170hz+Gigabyte G24F 1080p 180hz PERIPHERALS-Lamzu Maya+ 4k Dongle+LGG Saturn Pro Mousepad+Nk65 Watermelon (Tangerine Switches)+Autonomous ErgoChair+ AUDIO-RODE NTH-100+Schiit Magni Heresy+Motu M2 Interface

2 minutes ago, Deadpool2onBlu-Ray said:

Yeah nope. I won't even listen to any single argument saying android is better/even/even just sligtly worse than Apple Iphones. I simply remove myself from that conversation as it's not worth arguing with people the vast majority of the time. Android's are just unequivocally universally worse than Iphones. Not even an Apple "fanboy" per se, it's just the superior product. I was an android fanboy for YEARS, hated the idea of ever having an "isheep" device. I used my Girlfriend's (at the time, now wife) Iphone 7 for legitimately 30 seconds and I put up my Galaxy S7 Edge on Ebay that same day and ordered an Iphone 7 plus. Haven't looked back since. I'd rather use a 2-3 year old iphone compared to even a flagship android. Off the top of my head reasons to get an Iphone over android.

More reliable, longer lasting, MUCH longer software updates

More resale value

VASTLY superior software

Faster (I think Apple is about 2-3 SoC's ahead still?)

Better animations

Better native apps

Better privacy

Imessage

Facetime

Apple Watch (android watches are ewaste)

Again, I'll mention my first point again. They just last longer. Every android phone I ever had was useless slow Ewaste that stopped getting updated after two years. My parents have like iphone 6's that still work perfect now in 2023.

It's a brainless decision. Apple>>>>>>>>>Android phones all day and twice on Sunday.

Obviously, it's just my opinion but I simply check out of conversations where people try to argue otherwise, they are naive or just hate Apple because they are Apple. Again, not defending the company but they have the superior product

These are all valid points, never used android myself and only had an iphone 6 before (lasted for a decent amount of time) and an iphone xr which i bought refurbed in 2021 that has lasted me for a very good time (I do like it)

I just think that android has more leeway for customizability. Then again, I haven't tried android myself and am only 15. Since you have more experience with them I'll take your word for it 

Then again @hbsterling i would try a refurbished 13 pro/pro max off amazon (unlocked carrier obv) as I have a phone refurbed and contrary to other's beliefs, its been very good to me and it should be good to you too (when I bought mine refurbed it was already 3 years old whereas the 13 pro will only be 1.5 years old)

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

10 hours ago, Deadpool2onBlu-Ray said:

people like this infuriate me

"ANY OPINION BAR MINE IS WRONG YOUR USECASE IS NON EXISTENT BUT IM NOT A FANBOY!"

aNYWAY

i personally prefer the pixel Because of stock android

idk if you can get stock android on a s23 but me personally i cant deal with samsungs bloat

however the 7 pro is older

23 hours ago, Deadpool2onBlu-Ray said:

Where did that come from...

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker