Looking for a SFX PSU thats 850watt, what are good choices?

ImServs
Go to solution Solved by GuiltySpark_,
37 minutes ago, SenpaiServs said:

Ive heard older corsair PSU have trouble handling the power spikes of the 30 series. Has this been fixed?

You can't view all PSU's from a company as one. If you've been in the PC space, especially the high end small form factor space for a while, you'd know the Corsair SF750 is almost legendary in its ability and is the top choice for all high end small form factor builds. Currently its used in 4090 builds with little issue. This little PSU is impeccably well made. 

I had it in my overclocked 3090 ITX rig for two years without a hiccup.

Scroll through /r/sffpc on reddit and its the most common unit you'll see. 

I am building a SFF system in the new Dan Case C4-SFX and hit a snag in building. The Corsair SF850L, while does fit, has terrible stock cables which dont bend enough to leave room for the GPU to sit flush and not bend horribly. Id rather buy a more expensive PSU with great cables than source or make cables for this psu at great cost of time and money.

I was looking at the following PSUs:

• Cooler Master V850 SFX
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850GM
  • ASUS ROG Loki 850

Note: All of the above PSU are non L variants that are 100mm in length, except the Asus ROG Loki, which is 125mm. 

Im using a Rog Strix 3090 OC (x3 8pin PCi-E connectors. Switching from a 140mm Corsair SFX-L to a 100mm PSU gives alot more clearance, but stock cables can be real garbage so my question is, which of these, or other PSUs that you know of, are capable of driving this 3090 with good stock cables that bend easily?

22 minutes ago, SenpaiServs said:

I am building a SFF system in the new Dan Case C4-SFX and hit a snag in building. The Corsair SF850L, while does fit, has terrible stock cables which dont bend enough to leave room for the GPU to sit flush and not bend horribly. Id rather buy a more expensive PSU with great cables than source or make cables for this psu at great cost of time and money.

I was looking at the following PSUs:

• Cooler Master V850 SFX
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850GM
  • ASUS ROG Loki 850

Note: All of the above PSU are non L variants that are 100mm in length, except the Asus ROG Loki, which is 125mm. 

Im using a Rog Strix 3090 OC (x3 8pin PCi-E connectors. Switching from a 140mm Corsair SFX-L to a 100mm PSU gives alot more clearance, but stock cables can be real garbage so my question is, which of these, or other PSUs that you know of, are capable of driving this 3090 with good stock cables that bend easily?

There's also the Phanteks Revolv SFX 850, good stuff (think they're made by Seasonic)

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/dXHqqs/phanteks-revolt-sfx-850-w-80-platinum-certified-fully-modular-sfx-power-supply-ph-p850psf_02

Anyway you can also just swap the cables by the ones you want at cablemods for any PSU

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

8 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

There's also the Phanteks Revolv SFX 850, good stuff (think they're made by Seasonic)

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/dXHqqs/phanteks-revolt-sfx-850-w-80-platinum-certified-fully-modular-sfx-power-supply-ph-p850psf_02

Anyway you can also just swap the cables by the ones you want at cablemods for any PSU

ill check out the phanteks, but im trying to avoid waiting 6 weeks and paying $250 for custom cables.

The tried and true Corsair SF750 would have zero issue running that system. 

8 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

The tried and true Corsair SF750 would have zero issue running that system. 

Ive heard older corsair PSU have trouble handling the power spikes of the 30 series. Has this been fixed?

20 minutes ago, SenpaiServs said:

ill check out the phanteks, but im trying to avoid waiting 6 weeks and paying $250 for custom cables.

Ok

The Phanteks comes with nice looking flat black cable it seems (I agree that Corsair big rigid cables aren't that practical..)

Revolt%20SFX%20650GSF%2007.jpg

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

37 minutes ago, SenpaiServs said:

You can't view all PSU's from a company as one. If you've been in the PC space, especially the high end small form factor space for a while, you'd know the Corsair SF750 is almost legendary in its ability and is the top choice for all high end small form factor builds. Currently its used in 4090 builds with little issue. This little PSU is impeccably well made. 

33 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

Ok

The Phanteks comes with nice looking flat black cable it seems (I agree that Corsair big rigid cables aren't that practical..)

Revolt%20SFX%20650GSF%2007.jpg

those actually look like the same cables as the Corsair SF850L haha

1 minute ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

well ill go for it then. thanks for the info. SFF is a new area for me with this only being my 2nd SFF build. And in general power draw has always been one area of pc's that confused me 😅

3 minutes ago, SenpaiServs said:

those actually look like the same cables as the Corsair SF850L haha

But flat cables bend easily usually ??

1 hour ago, PDifolco said:

But flat cables bend easily usually ??

yeah idk. just such little room. and only one direction for the cables to bend so once a few stack on top of one another, it becomes a bulge.