PC Overheating

Hello, I'm relatively new to PC building and when turning on my PC it overheats and goes above 100C (only let it do it once other times we stopped it at 97 degrees) and then it will turn itself off. This only occurs on the first initial startup of the day. Once we shut it off and restart it runs perfectly cool. Stress tests have it peaking at 70C and it can run games for a couple hours with no issues. I've had this computer for 2 years and it only began doing this last month. I went to micro center and replaced my stock cooler for the icue 100 corsair water cooler. and also got two of the brown fans the noctura ones I believe so in total upgraded to extra 4 fans with the water cooled for the CPU

PC specs 

CPU 5600

GPU 3070

MB  GIGABYTE DS3H

thermal paste? or is the plastic cover still on the pc?

2 minutes ago, bezza... said:

thermal paste? or is the plastic cover still on the pc?

We removed the cooler and it looks fine (sticker is off and paste is evenly spread)it can even run games/stress tests and the temps peak at 70C. The issue is it seems to overheat a lot on my first startup of the day. (100C+)

Are you sure you plugged the AIO pump wire into the correct header?  (I really don't know...but I would guess there's probably a specific one that might start up earlier for the AIO pump...and I can only guess you're plugged into one that is fed power relatively later in the boot cycle?)

...looking into it a bit further and it looks like there should be a dedicated AIO pump header on most modern boards. [something like PUMP, AIO_PUMP]
Can you post better detail on the mobo? I'm getting at least two searching what you wrote, B450 DS3H and B650 DS3H...though TBH i only see a CPU_FAN specific one on either of those with my eyes.

I had an issue with my gigabyte board where it would not turn on the cpu fan from a cold boot sometimes. Looks like they haven’t fixed that. My money is on your pump not turning on on the first boot, but when you do a reset it does. 

I will not touch gigabyte again. Their bios are garbage. 

When it does the 100c thing again, go into bios and check your pump speed.