Odd Sizzling (does not seem like air bubbles) coming from the cpu/ram direction

Azu213
Go to solution Solved by Angusticlavii,
2 minutes ago, Azu213 said:

Forgot to mention but the sound can entirely disappear as soon as I alt+tab out of a game.

Coilwhine then - alsmost every new PC has it in some form

you can try to reduce it by changing the Windows-Powerplan or overclocking/undervolting your GPU/CPU

Sometimes it also goes away after you run a heavy load for a couple days

Hello there, around last Christmas I was changing a few parts in my pc and added a water cooler, back then I experienced a weird noise coming from the fans which I later found out it was just bad quality fans, ordered new ones and which fixed it, had no problems since then until about 2 months from now, where a weird sizzle sound started coming from my Cpu/Pump/Ram direction, it did not seem like air bubbles since I never had that noise previously and I not move my case or pc at all after fixing those fans, The noise only starts whenever my pc is under higher load, primarily games, never really heard the noise whenever I was not playing games, The noise is quite audible but not loud loud.

I have tried turning off all the fans in the beginning, did nothing.
The pump was always running at 100% so I don't see why it would only happen then.
The RAM sticks, CPU and AIO are relatively new, bought them brand new, only slightly over half a year old

Specs:

CPU - Ryzen 5 3600

CPU AIO - Coolermaster master liquid lite 240 with the fans replaced to a better quality ones

RAM - Kingston fury beast 2 x 18 GB 3200MHz

GPU - GTX 1080
Motherboard - Aorus B450 M

The audio is not super clear but it sounds like coil whine to me.

Glowing screen captures,

Sleep eludes, lost in pixels,

Restless eyes still yearn.

-ChatGPT; the greatest poet of our generation.

Forgot to mention but the sound can entirely disappear as soon as I alt+tab out of a game.

4 minutes ago, bezza... said:

seems like a bad pump...

Or this if it's not my first guess. If you adjust the pump speed, does the noise change? 

Glowing screen captures,

try a cpu benchmark... like cinebench if it does not happen could be coil whine.. google a vid of it and see if it sounds similer

1080 Coil Whine Example

Coil whine would be my guess then, there's an example I found on youtube.

Hope this helps,

Jacob

Glowing screen captures,

Just now, MantraWeasel said:

Or this if it's not my first guess. If you adjust the pump speed, does the noise change? 

It does not appear to change so far even with adjusted/lowered pump speeds.

you can try to reduce it by changing the Windows-Powerplan or overclocking/undervolting your GPU/CPU

Just now, MantraWeasel said:

1080 Coil Whine Example

Coil whine would be my guess then, there's an example I found on youtube.

Hope this helps,

Jacob

That there sounds EXACTLY how mine sounds to me

coil whine is compleatly normal

1 minute ago, CaptainKieseI said:

Well the majority of the PC is new as I was stuck previously with an fx 6300 and ddr3 ram, only part I did not change was the GPU my 1080, but why would it only be happening like a few months after installing everything, and would you say I should try with my GPU first or CPU 

1 minute ago, bezza... said:

coil whine is compleatly normal

Indeed, nothing to be concerned about. Could be PSU power delivery isn't great, could just be the GPU when under load, could be a combination of both. But either way, a little noise is no concern on its own.

Glowing screen captures,

I'll play about a little bit with the suggestions and maybe find some sort of a fix once I'm more free today, Thanks for the quick help everyone

Just now, Azu213 said:

Well the majority of the PC is new as I was stuck previously with an fx 6300 and ddr3 ram, only part I did not change was the GPU my 1080, but why would it only be happening like a few months after installing everything, and would you say I should try with my GPU first or CPU 

GPUs are definetly more effected by coilwhine. First thing i would try tho is setting the windows powerplan to "Power Saver" and see if it gets better

1 minute ago, Azu213 said:

image.png.df9f5dddf1f8ffecf5aacf0c079387a7.png

This explains it in a fairly simple way. Could just be the power draw on your system/components has changed after putting new hardware into it, making the whine more noticeable. 

Glowing screen captures,

Didn't think it could be cause of this but I usually played games with Ryzen High performance power option, after changing that to balanced the coil noise is gone, so I'm assuming it was something to do with the power supplied to the GPU, I'm still playing around with it but seems like that fixes it. Thanks a lot