Unusual issue with Monitor. Please help

no0bHere25x

Hello Everyone ! 

Good day to all of you.

I have a MSI G241 monitor. 1080P 144hz. I have it for 2 years now and yesterday, I had an issue with it. the bottom part of my screen, where the taskbar is exactly located, turned grainy, I didnt pay much attention to it since I thought its because the game I was playing just got bugged. I turned off my computer and was almost sure it'll be okay when I wake up.

Of course, it didnt . the screen was still grainy, I pushed some part of the bottom screen then it became clear. the only issue now is that, its not displaying that it should be. What it does is displaying the top portion of my screen, its duplicating it. so , instead of the taskbar, when I have chrome open, what I are the title tabs of my browsers.

I tried multiple troubleshooting,. I used a different HDMI cable, I tried a different port, I tried both VC and onboard graphics, reinstalling/updating drivers, still nothing, Im guessing its the monitor itself.. now, if there are any experts here, can you help me? I would like to avoid buying another monitor since I cant afford it. 

attached here is a picture of the monitor, if you look closely, the bottom screen shows exactly whats on the top of my screen. 

Thank you so much in advance. 

monitor.jpg

33 minutes ago, no0bHere25x said:

Hello Everyone ! 

Good day to all of you.

I have a MSI G241 monitor. 1080P 144hz. I have it for 2 years now and yesterday, I had an issue with it. the bottom part of my screen, where the taskbar is exactly located, turned grainy, I didnt pay much attention to it since I thought its because the game I was playing just got bugged. I turned off my computer and was almost sure it'll be okay when I wake up.

Of course, it didnt . the screen was still grainy, I pushed some part of the bottom screen then it became clear. the only issue now is that, its not displaying that it should be. What it does is displaying the top portion of my screen, its duplicating it. so , instead of the taskbar, when I have chrome open, what I are the title tabs of my browsers.

I tried multiple troubleshooting,. I used a different HDMI cable, I tried a different port, I tried both VC and onboard graphics, reinstalling/updating drivers, still nothing, Im guessing its the monitor itself.. now, if there are any experts here, can you help me? I would like to avoid buying another monitor since I cant afford it. 

attached here is a picture of the monitor, if you look closely, the bottom screen shows exactly whats on the top of my screen. 

Thank you so much in advance. 

monitor.jpg

ok so can you update the monitor firmwear that may fix it since i dont think its a oled it could just be a fault with the montor port or firmwear Optix G241 (msi.com)

2 minutes ago, GOATWD said:

ok so can you update the monitor firmwear that may fix it since i dont think its a oled it could just be a fault with the montor port or firmwear

I see, I tried updating  but still same problem. dont you think it may has something to do with the actual hardware?

21 minutes ago, no0bHere25x said:

I see, I tried updating  but still same problem. dont you think it may has something to do with the actual hardware?

it could be hadwear just tryign softwear first can u use displayport insted of hdmi also try unpluging the monitor and hitting power button then plugin in and terning it on

42 minutes ago, GOATWD said:

it could be hadwear just tryign softwear first can u use displayport insted of hdmi also try unpluging the monitor and hitting power button then plugin in and terning it on

I did this already. when I press the part where the duplication happens, it reacts a little. 

5 minutes ago, no0bHere25x said:

I did this already. when I press the part where the duplication happens, it reacts a little. 

well could be mild panle damage witch whould requier replcemnt if still in warnty u can try sending it back

27 minutes ago, GOATWD said:

well could be mild panle damage witch whould requier replcemnt if still in warnty u can try sending it back

ouch, thanks anyways. was hoping some monitor expert would come in and would tell me to tighten a screw or something ,ahaha. 

13 minutes ago, no0bHere25x said:

ouch, thanks anyways. was hoping some monitor expert would come in and would tell me to tighten a screw or something ,ahaha. 

if u can i just say keep using it it dosent look to bad

-= Topics Merged =-

Please do not post topics more than once.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

3 hours ago, no0bHere25x said:

dose ur monitro have v adjestmeant or vertical agestamnt try lowering res to 780p 

If it were a CRT, it'd be the vertical adjustment. Not sure if that happens with LEDs.

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

4 hours ago, RevGAM said:

If it were a CRT, it'd be the vertical adjustment. Not sure if that happens with LEDs.

my school monitors have it there tm panles i just throt to ask

@no0bHere25x so go into your monitor's built-in menu and check the vertical settings.  I'm not sure if it is the solution, so let us know. 

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂