Intel Smart Response Technology (SRT)

Aniceprofile

I was wondering if anyone has used this since I have a z77 motherboard and a 1 tb hdd boot drive. If I use SRT with an ssd, will it migrate my os for boot time? Also, does the SSD need to be Intel brand? Thanks. This WD Caviar Green isn't fast enough for me :(

SRT works on anything after and including z68 mobos it works with any and all ssd. it wont specifically cache your entire os it just caches the most frequently used files and uses abit of the ssd as random work space depending on what you are doing.

WD black drives are fast but if you want speed and you dont want pure ssd's (as boot drives) try the WD velociraptor or the seagate momentus xt

X79A GD65 (8D), 3820, 7770, 16GB (1600Mhz cas9), 850watt(ocz zx), storm trooper, h100, xonar xense, sp2500, pc350, asus PA248Q LG 22'' ips, razor black-widow ultimate 2013, 120GB intel 520 series 128GB crucial M4 2*3TB barracuda 2*1TB barracuda 2TB Hitachi 

I would prefer a ssd for boot, but moving my os to that would be a hassle, and anyway I got the OEM of windows 7..