Software for Automated PC Backup???

adamc762

Hey,

I am looking for a Program that can backup PC's daily to a Server.

Id Prefer if it was a Incremental style Backup.

- 5 Client PC's in the House (To be Backed up)

- Server PC Running Windows Server 2012 (To Store Backups)

What would be the best Software for doing this Automatically???

It can be either a Client / Server Backup or a Client Backup that can save to a network drive.

There are only Windows PC's in the house, but i would like if it could support Mac and Linux also.

Adam.

Whats wrong with the server doing the backup. I have a set up very similar to you. 4 desktops and 2 laptops with a whs. The desktops include a video editing workstation and a gaming pc used alot for work. The computers back up every night as long as they are on. The laptops only update when I leave them on. You can setup backup settings for each individual computer. For instance my dads everyday computer doesn't really need daily backups so I can make it weekly if I want.

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

Whats wrong with the server doing the backup. I have a set up very similar to you. 4 desktops and 2 laptops with a whs. The desktops include a video editing workstation and a gaming pc used alot for work. The computers back up every night as long as they are on. The laptops only update when I leave them on. You can setup backup settings for each individual computer. For instance my dads everyday computer doesn't really need daily backups so I can make it weekly if I want.

This would have been the way i would have done it, But im Running Windows Server 2012, not Windows Home Server 2011

I use acronis and i like it!

This seems like it should do what i want, Thanks

SyncToy

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=15155

It comes straight from Microsoft and its FREE! You can sync a folder (any folder) or many folders with many options, such as sync and only backup new file while leaving deleted files on the server (actually destination folder) or remove deleted files, many other options, works like a charm but if you do get way too many files (like greater than 5000) it does have issues, but that's easily fixed by just syncing folders within folders separately. Again its Free so quit your griping on its limitations. Oh, it can also be automated with the Windows OS Task Scheduler (included FREE with all Windows OS's).

Don't go spending money on things that are already three for free.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.