For those who have the new YouTube Layout (And for everyone else too), I made an extension that prevents the new Layout and brings back the old layout

I think you are aware that YouTube is coming up with a new UI. The bad news is, this is coming to everybody and not everybody is liking the new UI including me. There are many things missing including the "Similar Videos" section.
So, I made an extension that returns the old YouTube layout, which is only 9kb and within 35 lines of code. The extension only does this one thing and it does this well. The extension is open sourced and you can contribute there and submit your feedback too. I am willing to listen to your feedback and make changes based on your needs.
As I am an Indie developer, I only made this for Chrome/MS Edge/any browser that is based on Chromium users. I am willing to make a Firefox version too if you want.
Last but not least, I think that if you need 1000+ extensions to make a website usable, there will be a time when we have to look for alternatives.

image.png

Ain't now way. That's the new layout? Gotta be some late april fools right? And I though that background colour effect was the new layout. Oh dear...

When this becomes the new layout for me, I'll def have to do everything I can to reject change.

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker

new ui looks like mobile version when you are in fullscreen and wipe up when you see the videos, i only use it for going to a new video

this is... not okay

me personaly, i do not like this, i like to have a single window of everything i can do, no (click this to show more options)

i cant code but im already working on a browser extention for tabs, instead of 1 row of tabs theres 2 so you actually see what you are trying to get to instead of just a logo and an X next to it when you have a shit ton of tabs

me personaly i just want all features to be shown, if we dont use most of them, you should be able to turn them off in settings

i wish youtube had a thing like betterdiscord where you can change the entire ui to your liking instead of them changing it for u without giving the option to revert back

they should spend more time on their monetising and user friendliness instead of whatever this is

id love the "FrameWorks" version of youtube

Dont forget to mark as solution if your question is answered

Note: My advice is amateur help/beginner troubleshooting, someone else can probably troubleshoot way better than me.

- I do have some experience, and I can use google pretty well. - Feel free to quote me I may respond soon.

Join team Red, my apprentice

STOP SIDING WITH NVIDIA

Setup:
Ryzen 7 5800X3DSapphire Nitro+ 7900XTX 24GB / ROG STRIX B550-F Gaming / Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler / EVGA SuperNova 850 G2 / Lian Li Dynamic Evo White Case / 2x16 GB Kingston FURY RAM / 2x 1TB Lexar 710 / iiYama 1440p 165HZ Montitor, iiYama 1080p 75Hz Monitor / Shure MV7 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo / GK61 Keyboard / Cooler Master MM712 (daily driver) Logitech G502-X (MMO mouse) / Soundcore Life Q20 w/ Arctis 3 w/ WF-1000XM3

CPU OC: -30 all cores @AutoGhz

GPU OC: 3Ghz Core 2750Mhz Memory w/ 25%W increase (460W)

2 minutes ago, venomtail said:

Ain't now way. That's the new layout? Gotta be some late april fools right? And I though that background colour effect was the new layout. Oh dear...

When this becomes the new layout for me, I'll def have to do everything I can to reject change.

Unfortunately, this is not an April Fool's joke. 

YouTube has a new interface, and not everyone is excited about it (searchengineland.com)

8 minutes ago, Blqckqut said:

i cant code but im already working on a browser extention for tabs, instead of 1 row of tabs theres 2 so you actually see what you are trying to get to instead of just a logo and an X next to it when you have a shit ton of tabs

I am curious about your extension. Do share with us, I do not like where YouTube is going either.

9 minutes ago, Blqckqut said:

id love the "FrameWorks" version of youtube

This... 

4 minutes ago, hyperbolic_motion said:

I am curious about your extension. Do share with us, I do not like where YouTube is going either.

This... 

i cant really code well, never did it so im trying to learn python now, anyone with coing skills would love to help me?

Note: My advice is amateur help/beginner troubleshooting, someone else can probably troubleshoot way better than me.

- I do have some experience, and I can use google pretty well. - Feel free to quote me I may respond soon.

STOP SIDING WITH NVIDIA

Setup:
Ryzen 7 5800X3DSapphire Nitro+ 7900XTX 24GB / ROG STRIX B550-F Gaming / Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler / EVGA SuperNova 850 G2 / Lian Li Dynamic Evo White Case / 2x16 GB Kingston FURY RAM / 2x 1TB Lexar 710 / iiYama 1440p 165HZ Montitor, iiYama 1080p 75Hz Monitor / Shure MV7 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo / GK61 Keyboard / Cooler Master MM712 (daily driver) Logitech G502-X (MMO mouse) / Soundcore Life Q20 w/ Arctis 3 w/ WF-1000XM3

9 minutes ago, Blqckqut said:

i cant really code well, never did it so im trying to learn python now, anyone with coing skills would love to help me?

I think you need to learn javascript if you want to make a browser extension. If you want to do anything related to the Web, you have to face JavaScript one way or another.

But Python is great for a good start as well as good for every other thing that is not related to the web. Lemme know if you need help with anything. I have both experiences with Python and JS. 

1 minute ago, hyperbolic_motion said:

I think you need to learn javascript if you want to make a browser extension. If you want to do anything related to the Web, you have to face JavaScript one way or another.

But Python is great for a good start as well as good for every other thing that is not related to the web. Lemme know if you need help with anything. I have both experiences with Python and JS. 

ah i see, ill start with java then

STOP SIDING WITH NVIDIA

Setup:

2 hours ago, Blqckqut said:

ah i see, ill start with java then

JavaScript*, they're separate languages 🙂 

Main PC [ CPU AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D with H150i ELITE CAPPELIX  GPU Nvidia 3090 FE  MBD ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-A  RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB@5600MHz  PSU HX1000i  Case Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic  Monitor LG UltraGear 1440p 32" Nano IPS@180Hz  Keyboard Keychron Q6 with Kailh Box Switch Jade  Mouse Logitech G Pro Superlight  Microphone Shure SM7B with Cloudlifter & GoXLR ]

Server [ CPU AMD Ryzen 5 5600G  GPU Intel ARC A380  RAM Corsair VEGEANCE LPX 64GB  Storage 16TB EXOS ]

Phone [ Google Pixel 8 Pro, 256GB, Snow ]

3 minutes ago, Zalosath said:

JavaScript*, they're separate languages 🙂 

was trying to shorten the word, mb

STOP SIDING WITH NVIDIA

Setup: