help to bypass hp locking down drivers

hi.

last night one of my friends was having struggle using some adoby software (dont remember which one) it had installed it but when he wanted to boot it up it have him a out of date driver error.

i though easy checked task maneger and he was still running a driver from 2018. so i went onto intels website and downloaded there driver took thing. clicked through and got to the point where it was going to install it. but then a error popped up saying somthing along the lines of the manufacture has is not allowing us to install the driver on this devise or somthing like that. so i went onto hps website and found the drivers for his spesific laptop.

the only gpu driver fr his igpu was the one for 2018.

any ideas?

thanks in advanse

1 minute ago, Tomberry said:

manufacture has is not allowing us to install the driver on this devise or somthing like that

that shouldn't not let him use adobe software

2 minutes ago, Tomberry said:

he only gpu driver fr his igpu was the one for 2018.

shouldn't be linked to the gpu then. Tell them to try reinstalling or logging in and out. 

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

Just now, filpo said:

that shouldn't not let him use adobe software

its just that the error was no gpu driver found

Just now, filpo said:

shouldn't be linked to the gpu then. Tell them to try reinstalling or logging in and out. 

i mean there were more up 2 date drivers on intels website but i could not install them

1 minute ago, Tomberry said:

mean there were more up 2 date drivers on intels website but i could not install them

which laptop is it?

Current parts list

2 minutes ago, Tomberry said:

i mean there were more up 2 date drivers on intels website but i could not install them

for which laptop it is there should be a model number like this on the bottom of the laptop: image.png.d96ab04e528b08de6dc55579a019326d.png

Current parts list

2 minutes ago, filpo said:

which laptop is it?

one of the hp specter ones idk what model exactly i can figure out in a few houres

Just now, Tomberry said:

one of the hp specter ones idk what model exactly

you might be trying to find the drivers for the wrong igpu then

Current parts list

1 minute ago, filpo said:

you might be trying to find the drivers for the wrong igpu then

im prety sure im not cus i used hps auto detect tool and intels auto detect tool and at the time i the models that they both found were the same

5 minutes ago, Tomberry said:

ohhh i think i know what you mean, could you do something for me?

install adobe premier, if you go to decoding/encoder it should show what is beig used, if it is greyed out and/or there is nothing, that means the graphic driver is bad, for example same thing happened on my 6750xt when i DIDNT use DDU to install driver, and used adrenaline software instead, making my gpu work like normal, but not being detected by apps and games.

also hi tomberry

Dont forget to mark as solution if your question is answered

Note: My advice is amateur help/beginner troubleshooting, someone else can probably troubleshoot way better than me.

- I do have some experience, and I can use google pretty well. - Feel free to quote me I may respond soon.

Join team Red, my apprentice

STOP SIDING WITH NVIDIA

Setup:
Ryzen 7 5800X3DSapphire Nitro+ 7900XTX 24GB / ROG STRIX B550-F Gaming / Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler / EVGA SuperNova 850 G2 / Lian Li Dynamic Evo White Case / 2x16 GB Kingston FURY RAM / 2x 1TB Lexar 710 / iiYama 1440p 165HZ Montitor, iiYama 1080p 75Hz Monitor / Shure MV7 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo / GK61 Keyboard / Cooler Master MM712 (daily driver) Logitech G502-X (MMO mouse) / Soundcore Life Q20 w/ Arctis 3 w/ WF-1000XM3

CPU OC: -30 all cores @AutoGhz

GPU OC: 3Ghz Core 2750Mhz Memory w/ 25%W increase (460W)

On older Intel iGPUs the drivers were rather annoying like that, although I thought it only discourages you from installing the generic Intel driver as opposed to blocking you outright. I don't know of a solution for this.

If you view optional updates in Windows Update is there anything there?

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

8 minutes ago, porina said:

On older Intel iGPUs the drivers were rather annoying like that, although I thought it only discourages you from installing the generic Intel driver as opposed to blocking you outright. I don't know of a solution for this.

If you view optional updates in Windows Update is there anything there?

i tried to update in devise maneger but that did not work. il try it later

9 minutes ago, Blqckqut said:

ohhh i think i know what you mean, could you do something for me?

install adobe premier, if you go to decoding/encoder it should show what is beig used, if it is greyed out and/or there is nothing, that means the graphic driver is bad, for example same thing happened on my 6750xt when i DIDNT use DDU to install driver, and used adrenaline software instead, making my gpu work like normal, but not being detected by apps and games.

il try it later although im prettys sure that it is the issue as the error was no driver found

9 minutes ago, Blqckqut said:

also hi tomberry

hi blqckqut wow that is a handfull to type

3 minutes ago, Tomberry said:

just call me blackout

or if its easier, pace, thats my old name

Note: My advice is amateur help/beginner troubleshooting, someone else can probably troubleshoot way better than me.

- I do have some experience, and I can use google pretty well. - Feel free to quote me I may respond soon.

STOP SIDING WITH NVIDIA

Setup:
Ryzen 7 5800X3DSapphire Nitro+ 7900XTX 24GB / ROG STRIX B550-F Gaming / Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler / EVGA SuperNova 850 G2 / Lian Li Dynamic Evo White Case / 2x16 GB Kingston FURY RAM / 2x 1TB Lexar 710 / iiYama 1440p 165HZ Montitor, iiYama 1080p 75Hz Monitor / Shure MV7 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo / GK61 Keyboard / Cooler Master MM712 (daily driver) Logitech G502-X (MMO mouse) / Soundcore Life Q20 w/ Arctis 3 w/ WF-1000XM3

15 minutes ago, Tomberry said:

il try it later although im prettys sure that it is the issue as the error was no driver found

ive worked with hp often, have you tried their solution centre? it usualy shows updates, maybe theres some idiotic software you need to install to be able to get things working, you know how companies are these days

STOP SIDING WITH NVIDIA

Setup:

59 minutes ago, Blqckqut said:

ive worked with hp often, have you tried their solution centre? it usualy shows updates, maybe theres some idiotic software you need to install to be able to get things working, you know how companies are these days

yh i went onto the driver section of there website but the newest driver was the one that he was runnung from 2018

24 minutes ago, Tomberry said:

yh i went onto the driver section of there website but the newest driver was the one that he was runnung from 2018

no i meant the software

STOP SIDING WITH NVIDIA

Setup: