Very loud Corsair LL120 fans while gaming

Go to solution Solved by Skiiwee29,

are you 100% certain its the fans? In my experience with LL series fans, even at 100% blast on radiators I never had problems with the noise. They were one of the quietest fans I've ever heard at 100%. Sounds more likely that its the pump noise you may be hearing possibly?

Hello!

I have a 3 LL120 rgb fans in my case and a H100i platinum se aio. While just browsing there's no issue with them, but when i start a game and it loads up the fans instantly like blow up and start spinning like a jet engine. 

Things i tried:

First i used a pwm splitter to keep them tidy and together but i thought its the issue so after that i plugged all of them into cha_fan headers seperately but the issue stayed.

In Bios i ran the fan tuning option, didn't help.

Tried to put them on silent mode.

Read here in another topic that people put them on fix rpm, didn't help.

After i put them on fix rpm, around 1000, it seemed okay, good temperature and barely could hear it. I launched a game, and when it loaded up instantly loud spinning noise, but in the hwmonitor software and also in ICUE the rpms didn't seem to change.

How can i have very loud spinning noise all of a sudden when i launch something resource intensive without actually changing the rpms?

Please help cause it is driving me crazy, can't even exist next to it because in longer term it gives me a headache.

Thank you!

are you 100% certain its the fans? In my experience with LL series fans, even at 100% blast on radiators I never had problems with the noise. They were one of the quietest fans I've ever heard at 100%. Sounds more likely that its the pump noise you may be hearing possibly?

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

@Skiiwee29

Yes, the bottom ones, only the intake. Even visibly look like they are rotating much faster than the rest of the fans. They sound like you know when you start up your computer and for a few seconds your fans spin up like crazy, and go back down. They do the same when lauching a game, but even after quitting the game, they keep spinning.

We took the entire pc apart, assembled again like it was and magicly now during gaming you can't even hear it existing... The only thing we found was a tiny little tear on one of the bottom fan's power cable, and put tape around it. Don't know if that fixed it, or what happened but it seems like it is working properly now.

Update: played 10 minutes, restarted the computer, the CPU shows 42°c and it is spinning like crazy.

Update2: You were completely right Skiiwee, i could swear on my life it was the fans, but we plugged out every single fan to test and the noise still stayed the same so IT IS THE PUMP!

It is solved....i don't know if i should go into details cause i am embarassed like hell.

Just now, Kvcf111 said:

It is solved....i don't know if i should go into details cause i am embarassed like hell.

if its something that can help someone in the future, I would recommend posting the solution. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Just now, Skiiwee29 said:

if its something that can help someone in the future, I would recommend posting the solution. 

Ehm, it is my gf's pc. She put the phanteks included gpu support under the rtx 2060 super thats in the case. After lying like 5 hours next to the case we realized that out of the 3 gpu fans, 1 of them aren't spinning because it is stuck in the gpu support.... After removing the gpu support the 3rd fan started to spin and viola, the noise is gone. And all this time i/we thought its the aio pump or the fans....At least it was a fan's noise after all but man it is embarassing.

Moral of the story: If you use the new Phanteks NV7 case, do not use the included gpu support bracket with RTX 2060 super card, cause it will block a fan.