Downloading Linux ISOs

Go to solution Solved by Biohazard777,
9 minutes ago, PurpleRiver_Dev said:

Welp, this got moved to a different subforum. I guess I was too subtle in my request about privateering.

Why even try discussing it on a forum that clearly doesn't allow it?
Plenty of subreddits that do, just google the reddit + forbidden word + megathread.

I've been out of the game for a while, but following the recent further fragmentation of ISO streaming services I'm looking download some high quality Linux ISOs and wondering what the current suggested safe(ish) method is. 

I had a search of the forum and couldn't find any guides or suggestions for getting Linux ISOs. Does anyone have any pointers for a direction to head in?

I'm not sure what you mean. Just grab it from the distributions site, that will be your most reliable source.

Welp, this got moved to a different subforum. I guess I was too subtle in my request about privateering.

9 minutes ago, PurpleRiver_Dev said:

Why even try discussing it on a forum that clearly doesn't allow it?
Plenty of subreddits that do, just google the reddit + forbidden word + megathread.

VGhlIHF1aWV0ZXIgeW91IGJlY29tZSwgdGhlIG1vcmUgeW91IGFyZSBhYmxlIHRvIGhlYXIu

^ not a crypto wallet

4 hours ago, PurpleRiver_Dev said:

high quality Linux ISOs and wondering what the current suggested safe(ish) method is.

Go to the Linux Mint website, download the iso and burn it to a stick using Rufus on Windows.

Depending on the computer, version 21.1 will probably work but if in any doubt, use version 20.3.

Yes, I've had some laptops not work with version 21.1.

Tell the BIOS to look at the stick first and boot up. You can now run Linux and see how / what it looks like. Installation is via the third icon on the desktop down.

I've done over 50 installations so it is relatively easy.

Thread locked. The forum rules prohibit piracy.

• Discussion on how to engage in piracy is not allowed.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450