PC completely freezes and i have to switch it off from the psu switch

Go to solution Solved by Renegade042,

PSU loose performance with age even if it isn't the cause, which it likely is, good idea to replace a 10 year

old PSU.

So i Upgraded my graphics card from a 750 ti to a 5700xt but my pc freezes every time i go into a demanding game before even loading the entire thing.

My psu is a 580w that has been used for close to 10 years so i think that's the problem and i'm thinking of buying a new one.

But I wanted to make sure before pulling the trigger.

46 minutes ago, Witcherpunk said:

So i Upgraded my graphics card from a 750 ti to a 5700xt but my pc freezes every time i go into a demanding game before even loading the entire thing.

My psu is a 580w that has been used for close to 10 years so i think that's the problem and i'm thinking of buying a new one.

But I wanted to make sure before pulling the trigger.

did you use ddu to switch the drivers? you can try a fresh install of windows if thats an easy thing for you to do (if you dont mind wiping your pc)

But in general, yes I would change the psu

you jumped from 60 watt tdp to 225 watt tdp.

1 hour ago, Misha1223 said:

did you use ddu to switch the drivers? you can try a fresh install of windows if thats an easy thing for you to do (if you dont mind wiping your pc)

But in general, yes I would change the psu

you jumped from 60 watt tdp to 225 watt tdp.

No i didn't use the ddu(i didn't know its existence after i already installed the new drivers😅)

But yes i think it is my psu cause now i think about it my pc did froze exctaly like this for let's say once every 3 months before but i didn't mind it then.

PSU loose performance with age even if it isn't the cause, which it likely is, good idea to replace a 10 year

old PSU.