Need some help with Cooling on New Build

Budget (including currency): Recently Purchased

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: No specifics.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

First off - thank you for intending to try and help me.

I was originally thinking I would do a custom water loop for this and ... I got cold feet and just sent it all back.  Ive ordered some stuff like the Deepcool 360 Radiator (it arrived today) and.. Im just clueless how to set up the cooling for this case.  I know the case is designed more-so for water cooling, but Ive read enough to figure out it can work just fine.  Even without buying the mesh on the front to replace the front tempered glass (as the metal side of the case is perforated to put fans there in the front). I know this PC is going to run hot, just based on whats in it.  Ive just never put a lot of effort into it in the past because, well, the parts were never as prone to generate a ton of heat like this before.  My gaming forum didnt give me much input, so Im branching out.

• I get that you dont want the fans on the radiator pulling air through them to push through the radiator, making it hard to clean.  But I dont know if I need the radiator pulling in fresh air into the box, or pushing internal air outside of the box. Then, where exactly do I put it for most optimal performance?  The very top?  I dont have the mesh for the front, but I can set it in the front part where it can pull/push air from the side.
  • The 3 Fan Pack from Lian Li - where would these work best?  

My idea is to put the radiator on top, pulling fresh air into the PC, through the radiator, and have the other 3 fans pushing air out of the bottom?   Since Im no longer going to do a custom waterloop - the RBG for the PC has kind of fallen to the wayside a bit?  Point being, if I need more fans - thats fine. Just trying not to spend another 100 for just fans.  

Clear list on PCPartpicker attached, but here it is if that doesnt load:

CPU Intel Core i9-13900K 3 GHz 24-Core Processor

CPU Cooler : Deepcool LT720 85.85 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Mother Board: Gigabyte Z790 AORUS ELITE AX ATX LGA1700 Motherboard

Memory : G.Skill Ripjaws S5 32 GB (2x16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory

Storage: Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive

Video Card: Asus ROG STRIX GAMING OC GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB Video Card

Case Lian Li 011 Dynamic EVO ATX Mid Tower Case

PSU : Corsair RM1000e (2023) 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

Case Fans: Lian Li UNI SL120 58.54 CFM 120 mm Fans 3-Pack

Untitled.jpg

Just now, Daidraco said:

My idea is to put the radiator on top, pulling fresh air into the PC, through the radiator, and have the other 3 fans pushing air out of the bottom?   Since Im no longer going to do a custom waterloop - the RBG for the PC has kind of fallen to the wayside a bit?  Point being, if I need more fans - thats fine. Just trying not to spend another 100 for just fans.  

What i would do is put three case fans on the right side pulling in fresh air for the rad which will be on the top exhausting hot air out the top in a push config. It will probs be the best performance to looks exhausting all the hot cpu air 

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

10 minutes ago, filpo said:

What i would do is put three case fans on the right side pulling in fresh air for the rad which will be on the top exhausting hot air out the top in a push config. It will probs be the best performance to looks exhausting all the hot cpu air 

I guess that would make more sense since its not cycling hot air over top of the components.  The power draw of the 4090 just freaks me out a bit and it makes me feel like I need something more there. 

nh-d15 chromax black or arctic liquid freezer

oh shit you have a 13900k then forget the nh-d15

get a car radiator

i am an ifdiot and my add kept me from seeing you want help setting up the raaad. put the fans and rad on theeee top of the case and put the fans on top of the rad in an exhaust config to prevent dust buildup

you dont need an aio for anything but i9 cpus or heavy oc jobs just get an nh-d15 or peerless assassin

MARK THE SOLUTION AS SOLUTION

i am 14 so i may be wrong sometimes

@Bob__ is a w

8 minutes ago, Daidraco said:

The power draw of the 4090 just freaks me out a bit and it makes me feel like I need something more there. 

Do you mean for the psu or temps?
For the psu I would recommend a 1000w for this system

But for the temps three good high cfm fans (like 3 phanteks T30s) should be perfectly fine (on the side intaking)

Current parts list

Mount the LT720 in the top as exhaust.

If there is room the fans can be mounted in the bottom as intake. 

Fans are easy enough to move, so you can experiment between bottom and side intake.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

Just now, filpo said:

Do you mean for the psu or temps?
For the psu I would recommend a 1000w for this system

But for the temps three good high cfm fans (like 3 phanteks T30s) should be perfectly fine (on the side intaking)

I already have the three lian li 120 fans mentioned.  I figured you were right in that using them as intake fans on the side door of the case to bring fresh air in, and using the 3 fans on the deepcool radiator up top to exhaust were good.  Im just trying to figure out if I should do anything on the bottom of the case (for fans) to increase the flow of air around the 4090 - or will the 4090 be fine as it sits?  Or, are you suggesting I get 3 more fans and put them on the bottom.. in what configuration? Intake or exhaust? 

5 hours ago, Daidraco said:

The power draw of the 4090 just freaks me out

Theyre FAR TAMER than 3090 just so you know. the 13900K is the one id be more concerned on.

In terms of fan config, you can go with either mounting the radiator to the side as @filpo suggested, but to me top mounting it is a better one. Between taking intake from the bottom or side, id go both but if you have to pick one go for the side because it would be spread more evenly instead of immediately hitting the big wall that is the GPU.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

5 hours ago, SorryClaire said:

but to me top mounting it is a better one

I was suggesting this, it might've been a bit unclear but i prefer this way too

11 hours ago, filpo said:

Current parts list

Thank you for the input folks.  Also found a streamer's setup that is basically saying what you all are saying so I can see it in action.